944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Right Asking Price For 944S2 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2002, 12:37 AM
Mirk
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Right Asking Price For 944S2 Cabriolet

Hi all. Good news bad news. Good news: I have a '90 Guards Red 944S2 Cabriolet in excellent condition. It has 105k miles, and has been carefully maintained its entire life. Recently had all cooling system components changed out, including water pump and timing belt, and also had A/C system (compressor) recently replaced. It also has a killer $2k stereo system w/ CD changer and extra amps/sub etc. Very little is wrong with car. You can eat off engine, which incidentally can still do 140 MPH (don't make this a habit). Car runs like new. Bad news (in a way): We're getting ready to have child #2 in two months, and my wife is pressuring me to get a car I can fit two young kids in (she already threatened to call the cops if she ever caught me putting my 2 year old boy again in the back seat). We currently have no extra garage/driveway space. That means my baby (not the two legged one) has to go. I live in the West Palm Beach, Florida area. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should be asking for my car? I am thinking of asking $13k (w/stereo) and $12k without. Would appreciate any comments in this regard. Also, anyone interested? I can E-Mail photos. Thx!
Old 08-21-2002, 04:23 AM
devils944
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mirk,
Your price is very fair. In fact I might go 15K or 16K and see if you can get it. The cab is weird when it comes to values. Most people will see 105K and think "high miles" but that is really nothing. If in top shape 16K is not out of the question. 13K would go pretty quick.

Quick Reply: Right Asking Price For 944S2 Cabriolet