944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Sunroof trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 05:20 PM
A.M.H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof trouble

I just put in my new sunroof receivers, and I cant get the sunroof to pop onto the arms! I have manually turned the gear on the motor in the trunk area until it is fully retracted, and still cant get them to pop down.

Also tried to use the slide adjust on the motor sensor? Heres two pics

I slid that red thing back little by little to allow the arms to retract in further, and then I was able to get the sunroof to pop down, but the arms wouldn't go all the way in the grooves on the receivers and the sunroof wouldn't go up because of it. Once I pop the roof off though in that position, then the arms will raise and lower like they should.

What do I do now? Where do I go from here? I had the covers off the gear boxes too and dont see how I can adjust them.

One more side note, before I messed with that red slide sensor, the passenger side I could get to pop on, but it was pretty hard to do so, none the less I could get it to pop on, but the drivers side just will/would not pop on, yet with just the passenger side popped on, the sunroof would still go up and down, just with out the drivers side popped on, hence me messing with that other method to see if I could get them to both pop on.

Soooo, im stuck on this right now. Sorry if this is a bit confusing at all

Quick Reply: Sunroof trouble