Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Just bought a 87' 944 na, looking to drop $6500 HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 01:55 AM
xsocaltrashx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Def. will never switch the wheels and tires, or the HIDS, but the light housings I bought give like a splattered light projection, looking to see if I can find some custom made halo projectors housings for my car, let me know if anyone knows of anything.
Old 06-08-2012, 01:07 AM
xsocaltrashx
Intermediate

Well I drove the car for a couple weeks and then noticed this really weird slapping in the drivetrain and if I were to let the clutch out fast after switching the gears it would make a loud slapping noise. Also when letting out the clutch in first gear i felt some slipping. Came to my favorite forum in the all of the world wide web(seriously). Identified the problem and it turned out to be a failed rubber clutch which was supriseing that after 27 years it still had the same clutch plate. After dropping the trans-axle, dropping the rear-end, and pulling out the torque tube. I finally got the clutch off.

Just need to know a good site or shop to get the 4 bearings for the torque tube. A good site to get the the koni yellow sport shocks. Also just wondering if anyone has done the torsion bar delete and what are the benefits of this modification?

Thank you
Old 06-10-2012, 07:39 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

The Konis I would wait until they do their annual sale. It's usually around now, may still be on. However I think its May only, worth a look. I think its 10% off.

Deleting the torsion bars don't bring much benefit. You obviously need to put coilovers in the rear if you do that. All a torsion bar is is a spring, only the 'spring' force is generated torsionally (through twisting action) as opposed to compression in a spring, which is really just bending action. The only benefit deleting the torsion bars brings is A) its much easier to change springs and adjust the height with adjustable coilovers, and B) you can put in spherical bushings in place of the stock bushings used with the torsion bars.

Take care!
Old 06-11-2012, 12:14 AM
xsocaltrashx
Intermediate

Thanks for the info man
Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
4porsche4life
Intermediate

3 liter crank if you can find one, 104mm pistons, get that head worked, and reconfigure the camshaft. Big horse power numbers from a n/a engine is very impressive compaired to forced induction... Forced induction is good too, but im just saying.

Btw, welcome

Quick Reply: Just bought a 87' 944 na, looking to drop $6500 HELP