Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

1986 944Turbo fire coming out coil not to plugs when hot...no problem after cooldown

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010 | 08:07 PM
Steve Conar
AutoX

Default 1986 944Turbo fire coming out coil not to plugs when hot...no problem after cooldown

I have had the engine replaced in my 1986 944 Turbo and all seemed well until about a week later when i shut off the car on a quick trip to town...when trying to restart it it just spinned with no turnover...replaced the DEM relay a couple of hours later and the car started just to have the same problem a litle later...actually replaced the fuel pump as this seemed to be the problem only to have the problem reoccur a few days later...the car always seems to fix itself after anywhere from 10 minutes to a couple of hours later...replaced the coil and was good for a couple of days until the problem creeped up again so this time i pulled a plug wire and stuck a spare plug in it and laid it on top of the motor and saw i was getting no fire to plugs...again the car started later so the next time it acted up i was lucky to be close to my mechanic who brought a test light and found we were getting good fire from the coil but none being sent to the plugs...car is now at the shop but i ask what different items can we check...of course we will look at distibuter cap and rotor button but if those are good what else should i check and what test can be performed to keep me from replacing possibly good and expensive parts...IE..crank sensor etc...the car runs very well and never shuts off while running and always seems to fix itself in time...its hard to do test when you dont know when the car will act up and it seems testing while it is working would yield no results...SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
Old 04-08-2010 | 09:17 PM
Steve Conar
AutoX

This was my first time posting and obviously I needed to put this in the Turbo forum where I actually got great responses when I did...thanks for all 0 comments you regular 944 owners gave me..keep up the lack of enthusiasm you showed me...Thanks for nothing
Old 04-08-2010 | 09:51 PM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Steve

Most of the 944 guys hang out under WATERCOOLED in the 924/44/68 forum...nobody is ignoring you...they just don't hang here....

Post there and you'll get lots of responses !
Old 04-09-2010 | 01:20 PM
931guru
Rennlist Member

For some of us, if we don't have anything constructive to add, we keep out comments to ourselves.

Guess you'll feel right at home on the inside of a Porsche.
Old 04-09-2010 | 04:08 PM
Steve Conar
AutoX

just me being sarcastic guys but at least it got responses from ya ...thanks for the info on where to also go besides the turbo forum J Berk ....and 931guru I do feel right at home in my porsche ...amazingly this is the first problem i have had with it in the 8 years i have owned it and i think i may just have the problem solved now....this rennlist forum seems to be a great site for us owners to share info and the love/hate (LMAO) relationships we have with our cars...Thanks guys

Quick Reply: 1986 944Turbo fire coming out coil not to plugs when hot...no problem after cooldown