944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944 ignition (replacement) question PICS

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 12:20 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 944 ignition (replacement) question PICS

i recently posted a post about my original 944 key being stolen and it was the only one. well after several months, i finally got the replacement keys and parts for everything in the car. and as my dad is taking the ignition out, we run into a slight mishap, or so we think it is...... here are pics:

the one on the left is the original one and the one on the right is the new one i ordered from london.

if you can see that yellow label and the part its on, that is from the original ignition as well and my dad just took it out and he put it on the new one, which is also pictured.

this is the original ignition and if you look at the next picture of the new one, there is a difference (besides the part that is attached to it with the yellow label.

this is the original, look at the middle of the picture where the rectangle it.

now this is the new one from london, and the middle is closed. and doesnt have the same rectangle in the original one.

now, i can safely assume it will not work ?? my dad says that has to do with some electrical in the ignition itself that the new one has, so is there anything i can do?? he was planning on cutting a hole in the new one .....

also, now that we have the original ignition out, he wants to make a key out of it but some loser out there has the original one that is why i want to replace it. any suggestions ??
Old 06-15-2008, 12:26 PM
931guru
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 275 Posts

You, living in NJ, ordered a part from london, UK????? WTF

That said, it should work, it's just that the door open buzzer won't know that your key is in the ignition...
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

yea, i ordered it off eBay and it took FOREVER to get here, almost 2 months .......

but are you sure thats all thats to it?? it wont effect the computer or any other electrical?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:02 AM
931guru
Rennlist Member

Received 335 Likes on 275 Posts

Of course, I'm not sure. If I was sure, would I be posting here?

Why don't you get the right part from a source here in the USA?
Old 06-18-2008, 10:17 AM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

thats the ironic part, i thought id win the auction and get the part within next week but that was not happening....and the thing is 3 days before the parts came from london, i ordered parts from phoenix arizona at 20thstreetauto lol.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

the ignition works great !! i gotta thank 20th street auto in Arizona for their help in providing me with everything i need. thank you also rennlist !!

and also, the electrical for the ignition, it does not NOT make the door buzzer sound cuz when the key is in, it still sounds the buzzer. although, the lights inside the tachmeter in the dash that signals P R N D 2 1 do not work. it only lights when the gear is in R N 2 1 ..... strange !!

Quick Reply: 944 ignition (replacement) question PICS