944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

New El GLO gauges for the 944

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Donald Nance Jr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New El GLO gauges for the 944

Hey guys I am new here, just joined the forum about 10 minutes ago, so I am still learning how everything works. I am the proud owner of a 1986 944 Turbo which I am completely restoring and as such I have contacted Speedhut concerning gauges for our vehicles. I purchased a gauge cluster and sent it to speedhut, they are going to tool up and create replacement gauges for the 1985.5 to 1991 944 (I think the 968 has the same cluster so those guys may be in luck as well) which use EL-GLO technology. It will solve once and for all the dim cluster lighting issue so many of us 944 owners have experienced.

They are making the gauges for the 944 (mpg/h indicator on the tach) and the 944 turbo (boost indicator ono the tach) and a special gauge I requested (no indicator below the tach). I requested the later due to my DME/KLR being completely replaced by a custom ECU so the stock boost gauge will no longer function and I am funny about things not having a function so I didn't want it there if it didn't function.

Like I said, I came out of pocket to supply the model instrument cluster and all they require is 25 orders from Porsche owners and they will tool-up. The cost is like $99.95.

Because I am new the system would not let me post the links, it stated I need a minimum number of posts before I can place a link in a post.

I AM NOT AFFILIATED with Speedhut, just a Porsche owner trying to get other Porsche owners to do a sort of group buy so we can get these gauges in the marketplace.

You can find them by doing a google search on Speedhut.

goto El Glo Model development and scroll down to Porsche.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Ron Earp
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you are selling something and advertising to me - you've made what, like 10 posts on the gauge subject all over forums?

Ron

Quick Reply: New El GLO gauges for the 944