Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

The best repair shop in So Cal.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 03:15 PM
bluedevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The best repair shop in So Cal.

Ok, I have owned my 944 NA for about 12 years and I have been from San Diego to Simi Valley repairing my car. I have been to shops that advertise on this site, PCA, and Excellence magazine to have work done that I did not have time to do or learn myself. These shops claim to be Porsche repair or Porsche only shops and say they know what their doing. My car is a great hobby but it is a car that I drive and want to drive more and so far there has been only one shop in this whole part of So Cal that not only can make this happen but has done it well.

http://www.callasrennsport.com/

I am not going to talk bad about other shops but I will tell you this Callas and the mechanics that are there are some of the most professional, honest, and straight forward guys I have ever met. Everything they touch works and works well. I have put them to the test giving them things I know why they were wrong and how it could be fixed and when I get it back it is exactly or better then I thought.

I don't screw with the other shops when I show up and I would think I am a good customer and yet my car has been treated like crap. Let me tell all the other shops out there that my mission now in the Porsche club scene is to get as many people as I know going to Callas because the prices are fair, the work is as if I am at Porsche factory in Germany, and they don't F up my car like allot of So Cal shops have.

If you need work done on your car, you want your car to work and work well while not repairing the same thing over and over again you better get your car over to Callas.

And if you think you have a better shop let us know but I will tell you until you go to Callas you may not know what a good shop is!

Last edited by bluedevil; 08-03-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 538 Likes on 351 Posts
Cool Who can argue with Blue Devil....

I have known Tony and his shop for some years now....going to his shop is an experience; nothing is done half ***. You won't be finding any spare wrenches in your engine compartment...and you wont have to take it back 3 or 4 times to get it fixed. His prices are fair and the quality of the work beyond reproach.

Because I am 3+ hours north of Tony's shop, I really can't get in there conveniently...I had been known to drive from San Diego to Torrance to visit Callas Rennsport but having moved to the California Central Coast, a trip from Paso Robles to Torrance, down the 405, not an experience I want to duplicate anytime soon.

Tony also has supported the local PCA Region as well as the Porche Owners Club (A SoCal Group) for years. He conducts seminars at his shop and advertises in their publications. His 993 Seminar, where he goes through this model from stem to stern is outstanding. Spend a day at the seminar and you know more about the 993 car than most, both good (mostly) and a few weak points.

Does Tony know about preparing race cars? Check out Reiser-Callas Racing Tony and his crew partnered up with Joel Reiser in a very successful Porsche racing privateer venture.

That's enough of my unsolicited testimonial....no compensation for the words, etc. Blue Devil is on to something.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
bluedevil
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

See, I am not the only one and he beats my by 1.5 hours because it takes me that one way to get to Tony shop but to me it is worth it.

Keep it comming,
Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 AM
PelicanParts.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Agreed, Tony's shop is tops - one of the reasons that I decided to work with them for my upcoming Boxster and 996 books...

-Wayne
888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST

Quick Reply: The best repair shop in So Cal.