944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

EBC Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 PM
doridori
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question EBC Brakes

Are EBC Brakes (http://www.ebcbrakes.com) any good? Anybody has any experience with it? My 1985.5 944 NA needs a set of brake pad and rotors for the purpose of time attack track day and some street driving. Thanks.

Scott
Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 AM
David Boutelle
Instructor

we used them on one of the race cars thay took a lap or two to get them up to temp then worked good with very little fade . but we went thru them like toilet paper on the audi. but with all wheel drive we do go thru all brake pads like that . this year we are using ferodo pads on the audi and the porsche so far so good but we only did one test and tune day but the drivers like them . on my 944 race car im using repco pads there good too but i never tested other pads on that car to see whats best on the 944 for me. try the EBCs but for time attack i would go for a pad that heats up fast for the your hot laps . deferent drivers like deferent things its all on your driving style do you brake late and hard ? do you like to trail brake ? its all in the way your use your brakes with your driving style .so test some pads and see what ones your faster (lap times) with .
Old 06-05-2007, 05:48 PM
doridori
Instructor

Smile

Hi David,

Thanks for your expert advice. What color of the EBC pad did you use? Since I am still in the process of getting into the time attack stuff, I haven't got into kind of braking style yet. :P

Scott
Old 06-05-2007, 07:01 PM
GeorgeNZ
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'd skip the EBC's and look at something like Mintex 1166, Pagid Blue/ Orange or the like.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:43 PM
James-man
Race Car

I tried the EBC Greenstuff on my 1986 928S at the track - Once they bedded in fully, they did pretty well. Oddly enough a pad or two cracked and started to crumble a bit which ultimately made street stopping pretty poor. They did not sqeual on the street the way the HAWK SP+ pads did. Hawks were pretty good at the track as well. I don't plan to buy the EBCs again, but I don't have any real sour grapes over them. They were ah'ight.

Good luck.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM
ApexCars
Pro

The Greenstuff was very nice for street on my BMW 328i. Worked well and no dust, never ran them on the track though.

Quick Reply: EBC Brakes