Dash Cap? Or new Dash?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 09:28 AM
82-T/A
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dash Cap? Or new Dash?

Hey guys,

My 1983 Porsche 944 has a perfect body, and a solid engine. But the interior is somewhat shot. I know that I need new carpet (and know where to get it), but my dash is completely worn out. It's cracked in about a million places.

Where can I get a GOOD solid replacement dash? I've seen quite a few dash "caps" being sold on eBAy, but I can't imagine those look good. Has anyone used one of those? I'm really hesitant.

Thanks,
Old 10-11-2006, 02:40 PM
01gt eibach
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my dash cap via eBay. It looks very good. Mine was professionally installed by interior expert for $25. The fit was very good out of the box, but definitely not perfect. It needed a few tweaks and cuts to make it fit perfect (to me, it was worth $25 to have an expert make it fit perfectly, as I do not have those skills). It made my dash look nearly brand new for only a $110 total investment. In my opinion, the only real downside is the hard plastic material to the touch, instead of having a soft touch material. To me, though, it is a pretty reasonable trade-off considering the low price point and how well it looks.

Just my $0.02...

Also, mine is an 85.5 with the later dash, which I believe is different than yours. Just FYI...

Quick Reply: Dash Cap? Or new Dash?