Factory Repair Manual

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 07:52 PM
brandencads
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Factory Repair Manual

Hi guys

Ive posted here before, my car suffered a timing belt slip which consequently smashed/bent valves, etc. well, two years later (i know i know) ive decided to do something about it. I have a Haynes manual for the car (1989 944s2), but most of the documentation and pictures are for work on a normal 944 and 944s. So, ive been looking around online- Ebay, Google, rennlist, etc, for a factory repair manual. Ive seen a couple prospects on EBAY, which are in CD form. Im wondering if anyone on the forums has performed an engine overhaul or done any headwork on an S2, and what documentation they found most useful for doing so. I am a n00b when it comes to cars, the most technical thing ive ever done is the installation of a cold air intake in my jap car. Before anyone just tells me to send it out to get it fixed, let me tell you money is a huge issue right now, as i am unemployed. anyways, thanks for the help ahead of time!

-Branden
Old 11-06-2005, 06:09 PM
livewirevoodoo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Branden...

I think the last thing ppl up here will recommend is sending the car out to get fixed. That is, unless, you doubt your own ability to fix it yourself.

However, depending on how bad the head is (what is the extent of the damage?) a machine shop might be in order.

As I know very little that is S2 specific, I can be of little help there. I do have a copy of the factory repair manual (5 volumes) if that would help ya. Where in CT are ya? I'm from new haven.

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Factory Repair Manual