944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Help! Hot air constantly coming from vents

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 04:54 PM
jpmontoya2006
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Hot air constantly coming from vents

Hey, I was hoping that any of you 44 guys could help me figure out what is going on with my n/a 88 944. Whenever I drive my car there is a constant flow of hot air coming in through the vents into the cockpit. I've made sure that the heat is not on, I've got the thermostat turned all the way to the coolest setting. I even shut the fans off to try and deter the heats entrance but
no success. This hot air gets really really hot sometimes. In the beginning of the summer my AC was working real well, very cold. Now if I try to put it on it works intermittently running cold, warm, cool, warm, etc., because of the hot air that is coming out regardless of whether the AC is on or off. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this or have any idea what could be causing it???? HELP!!!!! thanks
Keith
Old 08-27-2005, 06:26 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Keith, its a common problem with these cars. A heater clip usually breaks and causes this.

http://www.tech-session.com/kb/index...x_v2&id=44&c=4

Will you be attending the next autocross on the 18th?
Old 08-28-2005, 06:30 AM
Porsche944.dk
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried the same problem, but it was the shifter between cold and hot air there was broken, I bought an old one home from Germany and the problem was fixed :-)

mvh, Palle

Quick Reply: Help! Hot air constantly coming from vents