Notices
944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

Late model 85 NA 944 possibly for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005 | 08:51 AM
icecor
1st Gear

Question Late model 85 NA 944 possibly for sale

I've got a late model 85 944 that I'm considering selling. I'd like some advice on a general value of it:

Currently, it has about 33K original miles. It was purchased new by an active duty military member while stationed in Saudi Arabia. He drove it briefly, then had it shipped to the states where he gave it to his son. His son drove it more extensively (I put the last 5K on it), but payed no attention to the timing belt - which, of course, snapped. He had the valves remachined by a Porsche dealer in VA Beach, VA, then parked it for several years. This was, as near as I can tell, the worst thing he could've done to the car. I bought it last year in March, and have since poured a good deal of money into it for various things:

Replaced clutch master cylinder
Replaced engine mounts with upgraded versions
Replaced all pulleys and belts (including timing belt)
Replaced water pump with turbo version
Replaced all coolant hoses, thermostat, and temperature switch
Put Bridgestone Potenza RE950s on - currently have about 1200 miles on them
-all of these parts were porsche, and new-
Replaced old an' leaking power steering rack with rebuilt rack
Put Redline synthetic in the rear differential
Replaced plugs and wires with Paragon's wire set, using Bosche copper plugs

In process of switching old an' rusted exhaust for '87 944 exhaust in much better condition

The car's original stereo is gone, has a Pioneer cd player in it right now.
The rims are the Fuchs alloys in awesome condition

It's black, though the paint job is flawed due to an unfortunate over-spray incident involving the idiot painting my buddy's house. ;.;
Oh yeah. The AC doesn't work, either. Like I care.

I don't really know what else to add, though I'm quite willing to answer questions if anybody is curious.

Also, I'm posting this from work, so I'll try to get some pictures up later (assuming they're desired)

Thanks,
-J
Old 04-23-2005 | 01:59 PM
924martinirossi
Instructor

Hopefully more members will provide some input. This sounds like my car, with the exception of the overspray and the AC. Here in the Pacific NW the cars are in really good condition and you are "there at the right time" and buy it cheap or the cars are in poor condition and the owner wants big bucks.

Quick Reply: Late model 85 NA 944 possibly for sale