944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

sunroof problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:08 AM
RaymonEbbs
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof problems

i bought my 87 944 a few months ago knowing that the sunroof didnt work. so just the other day i was tring to see what was wrong with it so i looked up a tech artical on how to trouble shoot the problem and it told me to manually put up the sunroof and then take it off.... well i went to do that and it only came up about 3 inches and then stopped the motor wounldnt let me turn the bolt any farther. If i cant get the sunroof to open up all the way how im i going to get the thing off please help its starting to get warm in my city and me car is black with a non working a/c that and i would really like it to work.
thanks a million.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Andriko
Advanced

The sunroof only opens three inches. To take the sunroof out you have to close the sunroof, and then kep turning the bolt untill the two arms that push the sunroof up and down, retract backwards into the body in the car. So they hide away. Then you have the push up the roof from the inside with your hands so it lifts out. Remember to undo the two clips at the front of the sunroof first. Then just lift and pull, and stick it in your boot.

All in the manual
Old 03-09-2005, 05:03 AM
RaymonEbbs
Track Day

oic i feel dumb know thanks alot
Old 03-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Andriko
Advanced

No worries.
Have you found the rear screen washer jet yet?

Quick Reply: sunroof problems