944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

944 Coil overs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 12:56 PM
jack_of_diamonds
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 944 Coil overs?

Does anyone know of or have any coil-overs that they trust and are pretty easy to install? I'm trying to find a full coil-over conversion set to upgrade my car to stiffen it up a bit because I will be taking my car to the track here in the near future and my suspension is still from the factory. Should I just upgrade the front to have a higher spring rate and get beefier shocks for the back or are there good coil-overs out there? I know and I've read that a spring rate of 300 in the front and 400 in the back is good but I don't know where good sets are that are fairly easy to install. Lindseyracing has some but they are $3000ish and I was hoping to stay in the "just getting into the sport and I daily this car" price range.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:31 PM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 514 Posts

I have some rear coilovers that came installed on my car when I bought it. My car still had/has the torsion bar installed; I went back to just Bilsteins and torsion bar, but that was to get past inspection and have some confidence in the car.

As further evidence of the workmanship of the PO, one of the spring perches is installed upside down.

I haven't messed with them since they were removed from the car, but I can take some pictures if you're interested. I know, I totally sold that like a champ, and instilled full confidence in the parts.

Cheers
The following users liked this post:
jeyjey (03-24-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 08:53 AM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Zirconocene
I have some rear coilovers that came installed on my car when I bought it. My car still had/has the torsion bar installed; I went back to just Bilsteins and torsion bar, but that was to get past inspection and have some confidence in the car.

As further evidence of the workmanship of the PO, one of the spring perches is installed upside down.

I haven't messed with them since they were removed from the car, but I can take some pictures if you're interested. I know, I totally sold that like a champ, and instilled full confidence in the parts.

Cheers
For the rear CO, normal install is upside down.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:50 AM
Zirconocene
Rennlist Member

Received 730 Likes on 514 Posts

@T&T Racing :Is that right? I believe you, that's just crazy to me. That being the case, my set still has one coilover with a spring perch installed wrong. Honest appreciation for the education.

Cheers
Old 03-26-2021, 08:23 AM
T&T Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 345 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by Zirconocene
@T&T Racing :Is that right? I believe you, that's just crazy to me. That being the case, my set still has one coilover with a spring perch installed wrong. Honest appreciation for the education.

Cheers
Depending on shocks, might need the Racers Edge mounting bolt assembly. Call Karl and RE

Quick Reply: 944 Coil overs?