944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

HELP ME! I am in need of a light! 💭💡💥

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 12:36 AM
Porsche 83NA
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP ME! I am in need of a light! 💭💡💥

By any chance, would you happen to know if the fuel damper can be the culprit to a no start? Or the cap n rotor, im having a fuel problem i think, i replaced fuel pump for a universal one, replaced fuel filter, changed one of the reference sensors, installed all new fuses! I cleaned intake, added a new air filter, new ignition coil, newly like battery with 750CCA , cleaned my DME , checked for gas on fuel rail by loosening fuel rail schrader valve,, it did not squirt out however gas did come out, im pulling my hair til i go bald at this point! Car did come with a factory alarm which i bypassed, car just cranks and cranks and cranks, i sprayed starting fluid , but it stays on 6-7 seconds before it turns off Any idea what issue this is?
Old 10-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Spring44
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the history of the car? Was it stored before you got it? Did you drain the tank and remove the fuel strainer from the tank sump and see what is in there? If the tank has residual varnish, rust and tar in the bottom, It will just plug your filter screen and the new pump and filter and reduce fuel flow and pressure. From your brief description it sounds like your fuel flow isn't up to par. What is your fuel pressure? Have you cleaned your injectors? Are you getting a firing signal at the injectors?
The following users liked this post:
Porsche 83NA (04-10-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 06:00 AM
Porsche 83NA
Track Day

Originally Posted by Spring44
What is the history of the car? Was it stored before you got it? Did you drain the tank and remove the fuel strainer from the tank sump and see what is in there? If the tank has residual varnish, rust and tar in the bottom, It will just plug your filter screen and the new pump and filter and reduce fuel flow and pressure. From your brief description it sounds like your fuel flow isn't up to par. What is your fuel pressure? Have you cleaned your injectors? Are you getting a firing signal at the injectors?
YES INDEED ! i have replaced everything with either bosch parts or germany direct oem parts ! however! i am having the fuel pump fuse blow every time i crank the car over!(new bosch fuel pump so i doubt its the fuel pump) new everything from injectors to starters to dme relay to battery , ground straps, all new fuses everywhere , to new spark plugs to new cap n rotor! i jumpered the alarm box but its not active nor did it help to start the car nor diagnose the no start issue, so i just connected it back in
my #2 Fuel pump FUSE keeps blowing everytime i crank the car! what could be the issure at hand? since pump is a new bosch part

Last edited by Porsche 83NA; 04-07-2024 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-10-2024, 09:57 AM
931guru
Drifting

Received 289 Likes on 235 Posts

According to the attached wiring diagram pdf, fuse #2 activates not only the fuel puimp, but also the AAV (auxiliary air valve)... disconnect that valve and see if the fuse still blows.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
early 944 fuse number 2.pdf (1.09 MB, 10 views)
Old 04-16-2024, 10:28 PM
Porsche 83NA
Track Day

Default fixed the blowing fuse problem! #2 fuse no longer blows!

Originally Posted by 931guru
According to the attached wiring diagram pdf, fuse #2 activates not only the fuel puimp, but also the AAV (auxiliary air valve)... disconnect that valve and see if the fuse still blows.
I discovered that the auxiliary air valve connector/plug was arching with eachother ! (the green/black cable) cut them off and spread them apart and taped them up ! HOWEVER! the car still WONT START? do i have to step on the accelerator pedal in order to prime the pump or something ? now that i have the auxiliary air valve disconnected? ( since from my understanding the air valve is for cold starts?) but then again my battery only shows 12v even with a portable jumper installed? could that be it or where should i proceed from here ? should i try to reverse the reference sensor plugs? since it doesnt indicate which is dg or bg as shown in clarks?
also battery reads 9.78 Volts without jumper installed

Last edited by Porsche 83NA; 04-16-2024 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:51 AM
walfreyydo
Burning Brakes

Received 238 Likes on 206 Posts

Do you lack fuel or do you lack spark? If you have fuel, whats the fuel pressure?

You need to start there and then work backwards. After reading your post(s) it seems like you are just taking wild stabs in the dark, which is not the way to approach these issues.

Luckily there is a guide available to those with the patience to read and follow it closely.
https://www.clarks-garage.com/shop-manual/ts-01.htm

Last edited by walfreyydo; 04-17-2024 at 09:53 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP ME! I am in need of a light! 💭💡💥