1989 Porsche 944 2.7L - The heater plastic clip issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2018, 06:04 AM
MariusVT
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 1989 Porsche 944 2.7L - The heater plastic clip issue

Good day Everyone,

I have discovered (thanks to rennlist) that my heat issue inside vehicle was due to the heater clip that was broken and then defaults to open.
While I am waiting for my new heater clips to be shipped I have as a temp solution used cable ties to tie the linkage to the arm.

But now a very simple question. What is driving that arm / linkage? When is it supposed to open or close?
I am still getting some hot air inside vehicle. And I have double check that my cable tie is still in place. But I suspect the arm has moved.
I have played around with all the ***** and levers on the dashboard but can not get anything that controls that arm / vent.

I must also note - my aircon is disabled as I am having my a/c condensor repaired. Can it be due to this?

All your help highly appreciated
Old 05-16-2018, 12:11 PM
ryan@usaimage.com
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could be your control unit is bad as well. It has been a few years since I have messed with this but it seems the sliders made the arm move. You could try removing the wire plugs that go into the control unit just to see if contact can be improved, but your unit could be bad. As I recall you just pop off the black front trim that goes across the dash and there are a couple screws behind that hold the control unit in. I don't think a/c repair will effect the movement of the control arm. You might try a search to find a test of the unit.

Hope this helps....
Old 05-18-2018, 08:01 AM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

Is the vacuum system intact such as the canister next to the battery, y fittings, rubber elbows, ect. All the electronics can work but if you don't have vacuum,the flaps won't operate.

Quick Reply: 1989 Porsche 944 2.7L - The heater plastic clip issue