Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 02:00 PM
Rensb
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Center Console / Cassette Holder Delete

All -
Looking for a crowd opinion here....
I'm going through he process of putting in new carpet, and when I set-out of all of the pieces (for a "Dry-fit), I realized I'm VERY tempted to just leave-out the Center Cassette holder.
Normally I'm a stickler for FACTORY ORIGINAL, but next to the new carpet, the center piece just looks so "Plastic like".
I'll work to include some pictures as I go, but I wanted to gauge the early opinion.
Delete (and go with the clean look), or keep the Cassette holder?
Old 04-16-2018, 10:52 AM
JRP944
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 71 Posts

Do you own any cassettes? If not, that might give you your answer. You could always hang onto it and reinstall it later if you so choose.

I have my center console with the compartment/lid where the cassette holder used to reside. I just removed the cassette tray so I could actually use the compartment for storage. I haven't owned a cassette since like 1995 so it didn't make sense for me to keep it.

Justin
Old 04-16-2018, 10:09 PM
Rensb
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JRP944
Do you own any cassettes? If not, that might give you your answer. You could always hang onto it and reinstall it later if you so choose.

I have my center console with the compartment/lid where the cassette holder used to reside. I just removed the cassette tray so I could actually use the compartment for storage. I haven't owned a cassette since like 1995 so it didn't make sense for me to keep it.

Justin
You are right. Same logic applies to the salesman that tried to cell me a CD player (I don't own any CDs either).
It's just easier to note where all of the screw-down holes are with the carpet off (vs. a later date. - I'll take pictures with my phone)

Quick Reply: Center Console / Cassette Holder Delete