944 & 944S Forum 1982-1991

It's Back!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 01:39 AM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's Back!

I have been lurking here for a while and over on the mail list. Back in July I stuck the left rear into the tire wall in in turn six at Watkings Glen.

Oops!

Well I ended up deciding to rebuild. After almost 4 months it's back and it looks great and feels no different. Well as well as it does on snow tires. Did I mention it it great to have it back?

NOTE: tilt due to snow and exhaust needs a little adjustment.

Now just a couple of things to finsh it up. So, as they say "Don't crush them restore them".

Neil
90 944
Old 12-23-2003, 09:02 AM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Good man! Glad to see you have saved one of the breed! I like the fact that you left the badging off the rear. I did the same with mine.

It's amazing that you were able to repair that much damage. Most people would have scrapped it............
Old 12-23-2003, 10:21 AM
Z-man
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, will your car be seeing more action at the Glen?

You know what they say: fall off a horse, and you gotta get right back in the saddle!

Very nice!

-Z.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:08 PM
N_Halbert
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most definitely Z-Man! This is the whole reason I got the car in the first place, to do DE's and AutoX. I'm just annoyed it took so long to finish. I had hopes of finishing up the AutoX season and catching our last DE at Mosport..

At least now I won't have to suffer the pangs about molesting a still origional car when it comes to roll bars and other mods now

Quick Reply: It's Back!