Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists

Official "Spotted in the Wild" 928 Photo Thread

 
Old 10-16-2016, 11:14 PM
  #61  
Herman K
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Herman K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockport, TX
Posts: 1,676
Default Nice Job

Originally Posted by JET951 View Post
That 928S4 is not dealer maintained , we have been looking after( servicing / repairs etc ) that 928S4 for the last 18 years ( several owners )

Regards
Bruce Buchanan
Buchanan Automotive
Bruce congrats,

That car looked very nice and clean and a happy owner goes to your credit!

Bes H
Herman K is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 01:05 PM
  #62  
Gary Knox
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Gary Knox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 2,661
Default

Herman/Barb,

Barb, Glad you will get to 3rd Coast, don't want it happening without the Kostner presence!

Herman - sorry to hear about your brother's medical issue. Hope it is minor, and that you will be able to enjoy a bit of OZ and NZ together. IF you spend anytime in Wellington, there is a fascinating museum there with a lot of the Maori history. It was one of the many highlights of the 12 days we spent in NZ about a dozen years ago. Loved Syndey - spent about 6 days out of the 23 days in OZ during that trip.

Speaking from experience - I KNOW you both with enjoy the SL55. Contact me when you get back regarding some maintenance issues I know you'll want to do on the car. I said it before, but this is the vehicle that Porsche might have made if they'd continued with a high performance front engine GT car.

Best wishes from Kitty and me to both of you.
Gary Knox is offline  
Old 10-17-2016, 05:50 PM
  #63  
16vsilverstreak
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
16vsilverstreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bristol Tennessee
Posts: 136
Default

I believe the post 25 example is or was recently on BAT.
16vsilverstreak is offline  
Old 10-19-2016, 07:09 PM
  #64  
Herman K
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Herman K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Rockport, TX
Posts: 1,676
Default

Originally Posted by Gary Knox View Post
Herman/Barb,

Barb, Glad you will get to 3rd Coast, don't want it happening without the Kostner presence!

Herman - sorry to hear about your brother's medical issue. Hope it is minor, and that you will be able to enjoy a bit of OZ and NZ together. IF you spend anytime in Wellington, there is a fascinating museum there with a lot of the Maori history. It was one of the many highlights of the 12 days we spent in NZ about a dozen years ago. Loved Syndey - spent about 6 days out of the 23 days in OZ during that trip.

Speaking from experience - I KNOW you both with enjoy the SL55. Contact me when you get back regarding some maintenance issues I know you'll want to do on the car. I said it before, but this is the vehicle that Porsche might have made if they'd continued with a high performance front engine GT car.

Best wishes from Kitty and me to both of you.
Gary thanks for posting - After my brother was seen by the Australian doc yesterday we have decided to cancel the remainder of his trip so he be returning to Europe and I'll be heading back to Texas in a few days. I'll hereby like to thank all the well wishers and guys in Australia and New Zealand that extended invitations to come see them.

So perhaps Barbara and I will make 3rd coast in November in the SL55 and Gary we still are planning to come your way some time.

Thanks to all and happy motoring.
Herman K is offline  
Old 10-20-2016, 06:39 AM
  #65  
Kiwi'79
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Kiwi'79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Cromwell, Central Otago NZ
Posts: 585
Default

Originally Posted by Herman K View Post
Gary thanks for posting - After my brother was seen by the Australian doc yesterday we have decided to cancel the remainder of his trip so he be returning to Europe and I'll be heading back to Texas in a few days. I'll hereby like to thank all the well wishers and guys in Australia and New Zealand that extended invitations to come see them.

So perhaps Barbara and I will make 3rd coast in November in the SL55 and Gary we still are planning to come your way some time.

Thanks to all and happy motoring.
Thanks Herman, best wishes to your family.
Kiwi'79 is offline  
Old 12-30-2016, 11:09 PM
  #66  
cpayne
User
 
cpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,069
Default 928 Spotted at Best Buy in Chesterfield VA (Richmond Area)

Got the wife to take this pic. Virginia plates. If your on the list we should meet up some time. PM me.


cpayne is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
  #67  
beran earms
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
beran earms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: THE GRANITE STATE
Posts: 481
Default Red Shark spotted in Atlanta

So I got a message from an excited BIL today with a pic. of a red newer body style 928 with what looked like cup two's. Funny, he saw mine once last yr. and seemed very enthused. So I was wondering if it was anyone here, he said the pic. did not do it justice!
beran earms is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 08:25 PM
  #68  
Kevin in Atlanta
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 5,001
Default

Where in Atlanta? If it was in Buckhead that could have been Kevin Wilson's red GTS.
Kevin in Atlanta is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:31 PM
  #69  
docmirror
Shameful Thread Killer
Rennlist Member
 
docmirror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rep of Texas, N NM, Rockies, SoCal
Posts: 19,442
Default

Atlanta?

Was it being chased by a bunch of cop cars?

Was the driver window broken out?

Was the driver wearing a ski mask?

I keeeeeeed.
docmirror is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 09:31 PM
  #70  
beran earms
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
beran earms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: THE GRANITE STATE
Posts: 481
Default

Just found out it was on Peachtree Rd. at a high rise , maybe the Continental? Pretty cool that it such a small community. He's a mustang guy, would take a very special stang to pick that out from a crowd and id the owner.
beran earms is offline  
Old 02-09-2017, 10:44 PM
  #71  
Kevin in Atlanta
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Roswell, GA
Posts: 5,001
Default

That was Kevin - parked in front of the Intercontinental Hotel.
Kevin in Atlanta is online now  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:58 PM
  #72  
jetson8859
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jetson8859's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Dacula "Atlanta" GA
Posts: 967
Default

I was at the Intercontinental hotel from 7:30am till 12:30pm for a Board of Directors meeting my GTS was parked up front. Was also on Peachtree when we left meeting to go to lunch. The car has Cup I wheels
jetson8859 is offline  
Old 02-10-2017, 07:50 AM
  #73  
beran earms
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
beran earms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: THE GRANITE STATE
Posts: 481
Default

Yup, that's the one! Very nice car. I'm envious of the fact you can enjoy yours in Feb., mine is sleeping in as we just got 16" of snow yesterday. Moving just to drive her all year may be an option.
beran earms is offline  
Old 02-11-2017, 12:47 AM
  #74  
Mark R.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Mark R.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Peachtree Corners, Georgia
Posts: 695
Default

Originally Posted by beran earms View Post
...I'm envious of the fact you can enjoy yours in Feb., mine is sleeping in as we just got 16" of snow yesterday...
Yep. Year round. I guess we should be grateful for that.
But I know we all pretty much take it for granted here.
Driven one of mine just about daily for the past 20+ years.
The forecast for tomorrow is sunny and 70 degrees.
Windows and sunroof will be wide open...

Mark R. is offline  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:46 AM
  #75  
beran earms
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
beran earms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: THE GRANITE STATE
Posts: 481
Default

........And we got more snow yesterday, and expecting another 12-18".
I like hearing about your good fortune though, windows down sunroof open, makes me feel great while I wallow thru' waste deep snow. Enjoy it!
beran earms is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official "Spotted in the Wild" 928 Photo Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: