Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Our own Bob Voskian is tops at Porsche Parade (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/940338-our-own-bob-voskian-is-tops-at-porsche-parade.html)

Manny Alban 06-22-2016 09:51 AM

In my opinion, Honorary Judges Choice is one of the most prestigious awards at the Parade Concours. I was asked to give the group a tour of the concours so they could decide on the recipient. The Judges were Klaus Zimmerman (PCNA CEO), Dieter Landenberger (Museum Archivist) and Andrew Pine (VP of Customer Relations). There was lofty competition as they found four cars that they were impressed with and felt were qualified for this honor. There was a long discussion at lunch at George's 928 was finally chosen. Ironically, the coincidence of Porsche celebrating 40 years of the Transaxle wasn't the driving force. 2 out of the four were not transaxles. Just happened that the 928 impressed the judges the most.

Gary Knox 06-22-2016 10:49 AM

I've seen George and Bob's cars several times at Frenzy, where they are not necessarily 'concours' prepared, but were transportation from home to the Frenzy meet. Even then, as 'drivers', they are overwhelmingly superb. My sincere congratulations to two GREAT GUYS who spend the time that is needed to keep their cars absolutely spectacular. Look forward to congratulating you both in person at Frenzy 2016.

Cheers guys (and Bertrand, your car deserves to be in that judging class as well!!).

jcorenman 06-22-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Manny Alban (Post 13395375)
In my opinion, Honorary Judges Choice is one of the most prestigious awards at the Parade Concours. I was asked to give the group a tour of the concours so they could decide on the recipient. The Judges were Klaus Zimmerman (PCNA CEO), Dieter Landenberger (Museum Archivist) and Andrew Pine (VP of Customer Relations). There was lofty competition as they found four cars that they were impressed with and felt were qualified for this honor. There was a long discussion at lunch at George's 928 was finally chosen. Ironically, the coincidence of Porsche celebrating 40 years of the Transaxle wasn't the driving force. 2 out of the four were not transaxles. Just happened that the 928 impressed the judges the most.

Manny, thanks for posting-- that is a great insight! :cheers:
(For those who do not recognize the name, Manny is a past president of PCA and a great supporter of the diversity that is Porsche).

WyattsRide 06-22-2016 01:00 PM

Congrats to Bob and George!

These awards are not surprising at all. Bob and George's cars are simply outstanding. They are talented artists and the 928's they own are their canvas......How do you like that analogy? :p :bowdown:

Looking forward to seeing you guys and your cars at Frenzy!!

Great pictures too!

My brother Bertrand's car is awesome also!!

mdkelly1 06-22-2016 05:22 PM

Congratulations to George and Bob for their respective awards at the Parade Concours! A win at Parade is a big deal and it takes an extraordinary amount of work to achieve it.

Many thanks also to Jim & Sue, Bertrand, and the other 928 owners who were there to represent the 928 community so well. It is great to see the inclusion of, and interest in, 928's expressed so directly at PCA's prominent national event, and in the follow-up PCA communications.

There is also significant increased interest in 928's at car shows and local PCA events, thanks in a large part to these fine examples and many others that owners continue to maintain and share within the community.

Great job!

GeorgeM 06-22-2016 05:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words, all, and also for the insight, Manny. I figured the 40th had a lot to do with it.... sounds like not so much.

I had a chat with Dieter after the banquet and he admitted that the GT is one of his favorites. We discussed rising values and his comment was, "just wait 5 years..."

So, a positive prediction from Porsche's archivist.

linderpat 06-22-2016 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by GeorgeM (Post 13396607)
I had a chat with Dieter after the banquet and he admitted that the GT is one of his favorites. We discussed rising values and his comment was, "just wait 5 years..."

hold, hold, hold!

Bertrand Daoust 06-23-2016 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Manny Alban (Post 13395375)

Originally Posted by GeorgeM (Post 13396607)
Thanks for the kind words, all, and also for the insight, Manny. I figured the 40th had a lot to do with it.... sounds like not so much.

Thanks Manny for letting us know these details.
This means a lot. To me at least.
George's car was a great choice.

Regarding the rising value, I'm happy to see that Porsche recognize that prices are going up on these great machines and will continue to do so.
What we see right now, is just the beginning...

Adk46 06-23-2016 08:39 AM

For those who are relatively new to Porsche like myself, note that Manny Alban is the immediate past president of PCA, which has something like 120,000 members.

Holy smokes, this is major.

Incidentally, it was announced that Pete Stout has moved on from Panorama, so if there is a good article to write or edit here - and there certainly is - it will have to be by someone else.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0b7da7ec2c.jpg

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...9b034b1153.jpg

Adk46 06-23-2016 11:20 AM

And there's more 928 happy stuff, the latest "e-Brake" news:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...f4f22ded2e.jpg

My car in front! Looks OK at 30 feet.

prescott 06-23-2016 11:30 AM

Congratulations!

Very impressive awards, and WOW what a great venue! Spectacular photos!

Love to read cool stuff like this!

voskian 06-26-2016 01:03 PM

http://2016parade.pca.org/docs/2016%...ults%20WEB.PDF

Attached web site is posted results from Porsche Parade Concours.

We had a really good showing of 928s between Sue's (and Jim's) 90 GT, Bertrand's beautiful blue S4, Georges stunning 91 GT, Curt's S4 (who also was taking many videos which he will be posting soon, and my 91GT. There was also a GTS in attendance also.

Lots of interest and comments. Let's keep it rolling!

Bob

Adk46 06-28-2016 06:54 AM

I had other intentions than documenting the Parade Concours, but it turned out to be a significant 928 event. I threw a video together with what I had, too long for most audiences, but perhaps of interest to our obsessed membership. I wish it did more justice to Big Winners George, Bob, Jim and Sue.

A special talk on Transaxle Cars appears in the second half. I forgot to caption Kim Crumb, the last fellow to speak. I used some of your photos, Jim - hope that's OK. As Dieter says in his talk, all those who maintain 928s are heroes.

I'll try using the embed code, too:

Bertrand Daoust 06-28-2016 08:00 AM

Great job Curt.

Well done sir.

Thanks for taking the time to do this.

For us that had the chance to be there, it's a nice way to remember that beautiful day.

Thanks again. :thumbup:

Captain_Slow 06-28-2016 11:02 AM

And now Curt gets the Ken Burns award :)