Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   1978 Euro, 1982 auto in salvage yard (MD) (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/784628-1978-euro-1982-auto-in-salvage-yard-md.html)

Shawn Stanford 11-04-2013 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hai gebissen (Post 10881209)
I got a nice spare tire cover, fuel level sender cover, and rear tool cover (brown unfortunately...I need black)

Find a local place that does interiors, they can dye them for you. I had a leather seat dyed from cream to black, looks like a million bucks!

Hai gebissen 11-04-2013 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford (Post 10881323)
I would love to get my hands on that interior. Someone should at least give them a call and ask for a price. Not everyone, or they might figure out what they've got.

Were the back seats in good shape?

I can't remember the back seats.

Hai gebissen 11-04-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn Stanford (Post 10881327)
Find a local place that does interiors, they can dye them for you. I had a leather seat dyed from cream to black, looks like a million bucks!

I could do that, but maybe someone out there has a black one they'd like to trade for this brown one?

AirtekHVAC 11-04-2013 09:36 PM

Aaaaarrrrggghhhh!!! If I had any money at all, I would be there in a skinny minute...I could finish #30 with that 78!

I love the interior!

AirtekHVAC 11-04-2013 09:37 PM

Doh!

docmirror 11-04-2013 09:44 PM

Might be worth saving the whole thing. It's not that far bad off depending on the engine.

Usually the rear seats are in fantastic shape compared to the rest of the int. no one actually ever sits back there.

Hai gebissen 11-04-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by docmirror (Post 10881429)
Might be worth saving the whole thing. It's not that far bad off depending on the engine.

Usually the rear seats are in fantastic shape compared to the rest of the int. no one actually ever sits back there.

The door inserts looked like new. I was toying with getting them and putting them in my car, just to have a touch of Pascha in my shark.

Hai gebissen 11-04-2013 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by docmirror (Post 10881429)

It actually looked like a great project car. I have no idea if they have a title for it. It was not wrecked.

Shawn Stanford 11-04-2013 11:10 PM

I'll contact them tomorrow and ask how much they want. It's a 6-hour round trip for me, but if they price is right, I'm there. I'll report back.

Hilton 11-05-2013 06:22 AM

mmmm..
early car - check (has the early door vents too)
5 speed - check
minerva blue - check
no sunroof - check

If I could find one like that in Australia I'd be saving it. Helluva jigsaw puzzle, and there's probably some stuff missing (other than the obvious rear light clusters), but I reckon at the end you'd be able to get your money back out again if you sold it.

medipedicman 11-05-2013 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hai gebissen (Post 10881377)
I could do that, but maybe someone out there has a black one they'd like to trade for this brown one?

I may have an extra one somewhere. I am still working out of two houses due to new marriage, so it might take a week or so to determine. I will PM if I get my hands on it.

Hai gebissen 11-05-2013 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by medipedicman (Post 10882026)

I may have an extra one somewhere. I am still working out of two houses due to new marriage, so it might take a week or so to determine. I will PM if I get my hands on it.

Thanks, please do. This brown one is pretty nice...could definitely help you or someone restoring a brown interior car.

Jadz928 11-05-2013 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Hilton (Post 10882022)
mmmm..
early car - check (has the early door vents too)
5 speed - check
minerva blue - check
no sunroof - check

If I could find one like that in Australia I'd be saving it. Helluva jigsaw puzzle, and there's probably some stuff missing (other than the obvious rear light clusters), but I reckon at the end you'd be able to get your money back out again if you sold it.

I'm with you Hilton. Heck, I probably have enough parts to put this one back together.

Kevin Lacy has been looking for a cheap early 928. This might be right up his alley. Plus he's local and has a trailer. Lets hope the junkyard dogs still have a title floating around somewhere.

Shawn, sent you a PM.

Shawn Stanford 11-05-2013 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jadz928 (Post 10882088)
I'm with you Hilton. Heck, I probably have enough parts to put this one back together.

Kevin Lacy has been looking for a cheap early 928. This might be right up his alley. Plus he's local and has a trailer. Lets hope the junkyard dogs still have a title floating around somewhere.

Shawn, sent you a PM.

Got it, Jim. Agreed: good car for Kevin to save.

KLVA 11-05-2013 09:54 AM

Minerva Blau....!

Yep....think I am heading to Mt Airy........soon