Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Greg Brown and Roger Tyson. (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/770371-greg-brown-and-roger-tyson.html)

MainePorsche 08-08-2013 04:41 PM

Greg Brown and Roger Tyson.

I would like to say something to, and about these Gentlemen.

Thank you for all the measures you take to keep our 'passions' running, and to have foresight and caring to help us keep them that way as time marches on and the availability of components grows thinner.

To Greg, thank you for your advisement to us here on matters of preservation of the car. Thank you for your prowess in developing and providing the highest quality components to keep them safe and running.

To Roger, thank you for your industry to collate the world of parts, and to see to it that we are well served. Your trials, and sifting provides the community with the best and most reliable components to keep us going.

With my latest travail regarding a mis-fitting, I was on the phone with Roger past 9 PM with return calls from him to help remedy the matter. Between my speaking with him, he was on the line to Greg in Anaheim. They didn't have to, but they did. In this instance I am the more fortunate. On a daily basis, we all are.

Your reputations are world renowned, and well deserved.

Harvey928 08-08-2013 04:48 PM

Here here. I second the cheers to these good men. I gladly raise a glass to them, and thank them for many great ideas, and service to our cars.

Harvey

jeff spahn 08-08-2013 05:08 PM

These two are some of the most helpful people I have ever met in any industry. Seriously, they go way above and beyond what even I do for my customers, and that's a lot.

Barry Chan 08-08-2013 05:28 PM

Roger is my main supplier when it comes to parts.....no questions!

gcthree 08-08-2013 05:42 PM

Here's the difference: when I bought my car a few months ago, and set-out to undertake a pretty comprehensive mechanical freshening, I was amazed at the number of parts retailers there are in the market these days. 17 years ago when I first owned this car, none of this existed. No Rennlist. No place to exchange knowledge. Devek and 928 International were IT. And, Devek is now gone.

So, all ready to go, I placed a call to Pelican Parts. They seemed to be the largest presence on the web and figured that I'd start there. The fellow that answered the phone had zero-clue on ANY question I asked. "Can you call back when XXXX gets here in an hour?" What?!!!!!

I placed a call to Roger, and he answered the phone, answered every question with great detail and knowledge that took away all the mystique that surronnds our cars. The call was an absolute epiphany. Roger sent my order, I recevied it in 2 day's time, and I had to call him to ensure that I was invoiced for the products. Today?....2013??? Are you kidding me???

This level of knowledge and support offered by Roger/928sRus is above and beyond and makes ownership of a 928 a special event. We are a fortunate lot.....

Eplebnista 08-08-2013 06:41 PM

Roger and Greg are invaluable members of our community. If I had a glass right now I would raise it to both of them.

Erik N 08-08-2013 06:59 PM

I have met both in person, and both are definitely "stand-up" guys.

I wish I had integrity like them.

Tom in Austin 08-08-2013 07:12 PM

I have had the pleasure of raising a glass with Roger ... no wait, two glasses ... or was it three ?

I'd also put Mark Anderson on the good guy list, not to mention Alan and so many others here on the board ...

Cheers!

MainePorsche 08-08-2013 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tom in Austin (Post 10671705)
I have had the pleasure of raising a glass with Roger ... no wait, two glasses ... or was it three ?

I'd also put Mark Anderson on the good guy list, not to mention Alan and so many others here on the board ...

Cheers!

Yes, I would too.
Was just referring to my latest travail, and their intervention.

longleader 08-08-2013 08:00 PM

Don't forget Mark...

vetter59 08-08-2013 08:19 PM

I have never done any business yet with Greg Brown - But I have done so with Roger, and he is first rate in my book - and a keeper of the 928 faith1 - thank you!

vanster 08-08-2013 08:32 PM

Cheers to Roger buying a round of drinks for the bar the Friday before the Octoberfest

Class act

Bertrand Daoust 08-08-2013 10:30 PM

Very well said Craig.

A BIG +1 to everything said above. :thumbup:
I never had the chance to meet Roger and Greg but wish I'll have the chance someday. Many others too.

I met many Rennlisters at Frenzy 16 and SITM 2013. Realy enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

I may repeat myself, but without those two Gentlemen and many others here on Rennlist, owning a 928 would be impossible for me.
With your help guys, I have the chance to be the owner of my dream car.

A big thank you. :bowdown:

michael j wright 08-08-2013 10:33 PM

I'd like to by Roger a few rounds myself-maybe one day I 'll have the pleasure.

Hollisterkiid92 08-08-2013 11:00 PM

Yup me too, although I have been to his place to pick up parts, I haven't met him in person. Work doesnt let me, I might just leave him a pack beers next time I pick something up!!:-)