Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Greg Brown and Roger Tyson. (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/770371-greg-brown-and-roger-tyson.html)

17prospective buyer 08-09-2013 09:21 PM

Agreed, if it weren't for guys like them, we wouldn't be where we are.

Koenig-Specials 928 08-10-2013 12:02 AM

I ordered parts from Roger 2 weeks ago and requested the parts be sent to my home in Florida while I was travelling. Parts got there 1 day after I arrived. Carl from Motorsports did the same too. We are indeed blessed to have such dedicated folks. Thanks also.

Jim M. 08-10-2013 12:22 AM

+928 of all of the comments above. The 928 community is filled with a great deal of talent, knowledge and willingness to help other owners. But Roger and Greg certainly stand out among the rest of us.

marinesniper0318 08-10-2013 02:43 AM

Roger has been an amazing help to me and just a damn nice guy...I would recommend anyone to call him if you need anything even just to chat because he obviously loves 928's...!

Sniper

Gary Knox 08-10-2013 10:32 AM

My hat is off to Greg, Roger, Mark A., Stan, Wally, Earl G., Dwayne, and so many other people here on Rennlist 928 Forum who help me and others in so many ways keep our 928's operating well, and in many cases maybe better than when they left that Stuttgart suburb. I would truly be lost without all of you who are so helpful whenever something beyond my kindergarten level skills has arisen in one of the 6 928's I've owned in the past 15 years.

Great cars, but even greater people who work together to help others when the need arises.

THANK YOU to all who post such helpful information.

Gary Knox
928 Owners Club charter member

Schocki 08-10-2013 02:09 PM

My opinion about Roger? :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: :biggulp: (where is the smilie with the red wine glass?) :)

MGW-Fla 08-11-2013 12:09 AM

PCA likes to say, "Its Not About the Cars, Its About the People". With 928ers that's even more true. And we couldn't get any better People than the likes of Roger Doger and Greg!

As others have been mentioned here, there are many within our group that contribute to the rest of us way more than we could ever give back. These two however, set the bar for all of us to aspire to, and are truly a credit to us 928 owners in more ways than one.
:cheers: (btw for Rog that's a wine glass:thumbup:)

jeff spahn 08-11-2013 12:23 AM

You guys are all right on track

mickster 08-11-2013 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by SeanR (Post 10674234)
Now if we can just get Roger to get serious about runnin his business and answer e-mails :D Not that I've ever had that problem with him, jus sayin

Sean your parts prices and shipping are too high. :roflmao:

Roger and Greg, OTOH, great guys.

kawi825 08-14-2013 10:31 PM

Agree with all here. Both great guys and a big help, not just one word answers, and asking for credit card numbers, genuine interest and care from both men.

Haven't driven my car in 4 MONTHS... due to paint, other work, but once i get it whole again in the next few weeks, i'm sure I'll be bugging them again for pieces/parts after reading all the helpful tips/tricks on RL.

MainePorsche 11-23-2015 11:12 PM

This is from a recent thread by RFJ who has a cylinder block stud issue and is in a bind.

Originally Posted by GregBBRD
How about I have Mary (office/wife) send you the stuff you need to fix it, seeing as you only need to fix one. (That kit is almost $500, as I recall.)

You can use the stuff and send it back.

You are going to play hell trying to get a stud to match the one you over tightened. The replacement studs are not the same as the ones that came in these engines, originally. (There's no chance of them taking three 90 degree turns.)

I can probably look through my "pile-o-studs" and find you one good replacement, if you need one.[/I]

Originally Posted by RFJ
Well,i have a hard time accepting that someone would do that for me,you don't know me from adam. If i were a person that would get choked up I would lose it. I am at a loss as what to say,except thank you.

87 928 needing big money,gone to the great junk pile in the sky.[/COLOR]

Unbelievable. What does one say about a Fellow like this.

Chalkboss 11-23-2015 11:39 PM

We are very fortunate to have such knowledgable and genuinely nice people on this board to help us with these things. I am very grateful for all the help I have received. From some that I have never even met.

RFJ 11-23-2015 11:43 PM

Yea I can relate to that, when he when i read that post I about lost it. Its not every day that someone offers to send(free) ya free not asking a dime I am having a hard time accepting this a 500.00 dollar tool ok so its 470.00 plus shipping and all and i am still not believing it. Ah I will wake up soon .

RFJ 11-23-2015 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by MainePorsche (Post 12785259)
This is from a recent thread by RFJ who has a cylinder block stud issue and is in a bind.

87 928 needing big money,gone to the great junk pile in the sky.[/COLOR]

Unbelievable. What does one say about a Fellow like this.

A bind you say yea between a rock and a hard place.Holy cow.

RFJ 11-23-2015 11:53 PM

Greg I believe has made himself a hero and he had no idea what he was getting into. He is one of many on this board . Stan,Roger, Mark and Mark it goes on. there are many who have given me advise or helped in some way. Its where I come not only for advise on the 928's but if I get down I can come here and for sure get a laugh the only thing I cannot get here is a sandwich(And please nobody send one it would be stale):bowdown: Be well all,Ray