Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   SHARKS AT DAYTONA 2012; Sat. Oct. 6th at OktoberFast PCA Races (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/715832-sharks-at-daytona-2012-sat-oct-6th-at-oktoberfast-pca-races.html)

MGW-Fla 09-08-2012 10:11 AM

SHARKS AT DAYTONA 2012; Sat. Oct. 6th at OktoberFast PCA Races

2 Attachment(s)
Its that time again for our annual Sharks at Daytona fall 928 get together, held in conjunction with the OktoberFast PCA Races that run from Fri. Oct. 5th, thru Sun. 7th. After we missed on 2010 cause they were paving the track & had no race; then last year it was a torrential monsoon for three days; its now time again to show up & show out to represent the 928s!

Our Shark get together will be on Saturday October 6th, in the infield at the Daytona International Speedway.

This year both Brumos and the Melbourne Porsche dealers are co-sponsors. So there will be even more going on, as I'm sure they will be "competing" to see who has the "biggest Porsche!" So far, there will be a Concours on Sat.; Autocrossing on both Sat. & Sun. on the Go Kart track in the infield; Track Touring around the famous Daytona International Speedway, including the infield road course; and of course, the PCA racing all three days.

I plan on entering the Autocross, along with my son. So maybe we can get a group of 928ers to Autocross like we did in Sebring a few years ago? The Autocross is held on the track's dedicated "Go Kart" track, so its not just driving around a parking lot with cones. Area is marked in green on the map. Cost is $30 to enter. :burnout::burnout::burnout:

If you want to show your shark, the Concours would be a great way to represent! Or, if you want, you can just watch the PCA races, tour the garage area to see the race cars up close & personal, talk to their crews, etc. At the end of the day, we can all gather for food, fun, & 928 fellowship. :cheers:

If you've not been before, to get into the track infield(free), you just need to sign a PCA waiver & receive a wrist band outside the big tunnel in turn one, off Williamson Blvd.(area in red on the map) In the past, we've always gathered next to the Road Course section of the track(area in blue) Not sure this year with the Concours going on where we will be able to set up. I will have my 10x10 cabana set up near the Autocross track, so we can always make that the gathering spot if necessary. There is not any specific OktoberFast web site as in past years. But I'll post some links shortly for the Autocross registration & the Fla Crown PCA site too.

I've already been contacted by a several Sharkers saying they plan to attend, so Let's have a show of hands of who plans to attend this year???

:thumbup::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper::jumper:

G8RB8 09-08-2012 10:38 AM

I'm in! Where's everyone staying?

jej3 09-08-2012 02:56 PM

Looking pretty good for coming down for the day. Either in the Shark or the Cayenne, depending on number of guests with me.

westija 09-08-2012 03:21 PM

If I get my car ready, I might attend. Please keep us posted.
Thanks

G8RB8 09-08-2012 04:09 PM

Booked it
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/flo...HHF/index.html

MGW-Fla 09-08-2012 05:32 PM

Already getting a good number showing interest, looks to be a fun event.

yardpro 09-08-2012 06:46 PM

i wish i could come down....
i have the sea food festival that weekend. Ihave toman a fund raising booth that weekend.... bummer.

Fabio421 09-08-2012 07:19 PM

Yep! Count me in.

G8RB8 09-08-2012 07:21 PM

I'm heading up Friday afternoon after work in Boca if anyone wants to caravan.

MGW-Fla 09-10-2012 02:11 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The 928OC Board has kindly approved us some funds towards us getting some hats made for our event. I'm gonna get some in black & some in grey, should look pretty cool. That way people can choose one in the color they like best. The design will be like the one we had in '06, which I think turned out well, but not on the lame tan hats that I chose back then.

Big Easy Sharkster 09-11-2012 07:08 PM

Mel, weather permitting, I'll be there. Coming up early Sat morn and departing that night. Looking forward to seeing all

RCK 09-12-2012 05:50 PM

Mel, I'm scheduled to be there behind the microphone again, probably not in the 928 (old timing belt makes me nervous); I'll try to get by but will at least give a shout-out over the PA--so even if you don't see me you'll hear me.

Dick K.
Atlanta
Announcer at Large, PCA Southeast
2001 Boxster S Biarritz White
1982 928 Auto Pewter (owned since 86, currently 215K miles)
1974 911 Grand Prix White
1980 El Camino Red/Silver

ROG100 09-12-2012 09:47 PM

Mel,
Let me know if you want some goodies as door prizes?
Roger

MGW-Fla 09-12-2012 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by RCK (Post 9837479)
Mel, I'm scheduled to be there behind the microphone again, probably not in the 928 (old timing belt makes me nervous); I'll try to get by but will at least give a shout-out over the PA--so even if you don't see me you'll hear me.

Dick K.
Atlanta
Announcer at Large, PCA Southeast
2001 Boxster S Biarritz White
1982 928 Auto Pewter (owned since 86, currently 215K miles)
1974 911 Grand Prix White
1980 El Camino Red/Silver

Always reassuring knowing that we have a true 928er "Callin the Shots" at the races Dick! Hope to see you there.

MGW-Fla 09-12-2012 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by ROG100 (Post 9838082)
Mel,
Let me know if you want some goodies as door prizes?
Roger

That would be great! We always greatly appreciate your generosity towards our Fla gatherings Roger! :cheers: