Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   Buy a Bandage - Haiti.... (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/545206-buy-a-bandage-haiti.html)

jimbo3 01-15-2010 06:35 PM

Done. You're just in time, John. I was looking to find a charity that will get close to 100% of donation money there the quickest.

early_grayce 01-15-2010 06:41 PM

Donated to Unicef, but I'm in.

edit: done.

jcnesq 01-15-2010 06:59 PM

PayPal sent. Thanks, John, you're the best and your efforts are much appreciated!

Hey all RL'rs - reach deep in your pocket and let's make this happen!

RoadWarrior19 01-15-2010 07:09 PM

I'm in, paypal sent.

John D. 01-15-2010 07:27 PM

You folks are amazing.. And our thanks.... And I mean "our" - not really my thanks (I keep saying that - as I mean it..).. But rather the thanks of a whole lot of folks, in Haiti - waiting for medical care, food, water - just the basics, you know? So, yes - I mean thank you from those folks - and from Marc at Espwa - who also, we couldn't do all this without them - and frankly - all of you...

As an aside - or maybe - as a centerpoint.... I also want to thank Internet Brands and Adrian, who are also backing this effort by posting this thread in their other community Forums... To all of those folks, Adrian, Internet Brands, Bob R., Lewis, Marc (and too long a list) - and visitors from those communities... Thank you....

In short - while raising $75,000 in a few days may seem "impossible" - I think, those folks in Cayes waiting for medical care and medicine, or at Espwa, or the kids in our programs/projects.. I think they all believe we can do this....

As for Jenn and me and Rennwish? I know we can do this...

I've had the honor and privilege of being your "voice" in Haiti before. This time - as well, we will not fail. We can't afford to fail.

So we will not...

My thanks and my best always,

John

RJT 01-15-2010 07:33 PM

Nothing is Impossible ...............

I know we can do it.

Brian A. 01-15-2010 07:34 PM

I'm in.

Leslie 928 S2 01-15-2010 07:48 PM

John, as soon as my next unemployment dole comes in on Tuesday, when I can process something to you electronically, my pittance will also be in the pot. But if there is anything at all that I can do, personally and physically, please feel free to call on me as I have much time to kill right now.

I pray constantly for all down there. Thank you for being there for a troubled people, not just now, but for all of the years gone by that you have worked tirelessly in their behalf.

schwank 01-15-2010 08:08 PM

Done. Best of luck to the rennwish mission, and may every conceivable God help those people in Haiti.

Edit: And posted to my facebook.

Benton 01-15-2010 08:27 PM

John,
You are a special man. Thanks for everything. Is there any way we could get periodic updates on how much is raised?

Nicole 01-15-2010 08:42 PM

I was "in" a bit prematurely last night.

Thanks for all you do!

Leslie 928 S2 01-15-2010 09:02 PM

Also posted on my Facebook status. And I am forwarding your poignant first post in this thread to anyone who I think will care.

C4CRNA 01-15-2010 09:08 PM

John: PayPal sent.
Glad to help via Rennwish.

cab&coupe 01-15-2010 09:17 PM

Bravo John, well done.

John D. 01-15-2010 09:17 PM

Again, my thanks.... I'd almost run out of words.. However - I just received this note from Adrien for Port-au-Prince.. I asked him to go to PAP to check on our friends and his family. This e-mail from him is NOT EDITED.... It is what it is - and why we are doing all this.. As you read his note, he has NO IDEA I would post his comments - and please know this is one of my guys - who I trust without question.

My dear brother,

The situation in Haiti is very complicated today. Port-au-prince is broken down and the town should be repaired

Most of the buildings that are broken are the state’s building, like The palace, laws court and some of the Government representative are died during a meeting they had at Montana hotel some of our artist died in Le Flambroyant hotel they had a meeting for the carnival next February, most of the universities are collapsed with student who made an examination at that time and most of them still alive under the ground and they send message text to their family and close friends. Some die because they can’t breathe and others because they had hurt.

Now Port-au-Prince is very smell bad because the deaths are everywhere in the streets they the obliged to dug holes to bury the deaths, they put them in a dumbstruck to throw them in holes. And a lot of crying everywhere in Haiti.

What which is hard for some people is because they may be lost a close and they will not see them anymore.

There is no communication, the way is broken the circulation to go there is not good.

I have some of my cousins who hurt but not to bad and their houses are broken.

The people live in the street because they are houseless some who have houses sleep outside because they are afraid of the houses even the people in les cayes they sleep in the street for the same reason.

Even the strangers who come to the country for help, it is true they help but they more focus on the hotel of Montana where they have some their own nation as representative in Haiti.

The people in Port-au-Prince are waterless and foodless. Most of them leave the Capital to go to different places. Now in Les cayes all the hospital are full with people and we don’t have enough doctor or medical assistant to take care of them. The representing we have in les cayes to ameliorate the situation and to welcome the new comers let the people leave in the soccer field and ask to every people to come with their help, like to bring water, food, clothes because some of them escape from the Capital with only one clothe and most of them are not from in les cayes so, they don’t have any one here they know they come because they find only the opportunity to escape the Capital and they profit to leave. Most of them are died by painful. The situation is very sad.

Now everything is very expensive like thought, like food, gas, even clothes and for the electricity they only give us power for some hours and all the institutions is closed like bank, school, university and all the state’s institution. Now the situation is very hard, sad and complicated in Haiti.

For the money I could not take it from western union but I borrowed it from a friend that I used to buy cement and Iron,when I get the money,I will pay it back.I went to Port-au-prince,I bought waters,juice,breads and some snacks and brought them to the people and then I share the rest of the money to them and their neighbors.They were very happy,they told me thank you and I told them to thank God and my brother John Dunkle and his wife.

My brother it is very Sad.I took some pictures,the internet conection is not very good now,I will send you them next time.

I love you Jen and my brother very very much.

Adrien.