Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   928 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum-69/)
-   -   New member WTB 1st 928 (https://rennlist.com/forums/928-forum/1028972-new-member-wtb-1st-928-a.html)

C531XHO 10-10-2017 05:28 PM

or on this side of the pond...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-92...4AAOSwxg9Zbkty

Crumpler 10-10-2017 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ghosteh (Post 14527023)
^^ Without the creepy doll, that would be an awesome car!

The creepy clown is my fault.

I found it in a relatives attic and then snuck it in to this car when he wasn't around to freak him out.
Since then kinda a tradition.

Great car car and well sorted.

GT6ixer 10-10-2017 08:50 PM

If you can't find what you are looking for do not be afraid to increase your mileage criteria. A 928 with 100k+ miles is not an issue if all of the maintenance is up to date.

Daniel5691 10-10-2017 08:57 PM

Hi,
I would definitely recommend purchasing a 928 from one of the guys here on RL.

IMHO, that's the "provenance" that counts.

Very best wishes on your shark hunt. I'm sure you'll catch a nice one.

MrAngry 10-10-2017 10:23 PM

Daniel5691 - I agree completely.

I'm simply looking for a beautifully clean driver that I can truly enjoy, however it MUST be sorted mechanically and in great shape. The unfortunate truth however, at least in my experience, is that everyone lies... at least a little, when trying to make a sale. Be it little things that aren't disclosed or in regards to repairs, etc.

This, as I'm sure everyone knows, is the battle when searching for something as unique as the 928. That's the reason however that I came to Rennlist!

So - hit me with what you've all got!

And thanks - Mike

Allen Miles 10-11-2017 04:00 PM

Yeah I am with the other guys here.I bought my 83 928 and it was mostly in a box.challenging as hell to work on but I always enjoy cars more when they let me play with them.yes indeed that wallet needs to be barely closeable cause these will suck the cash.but in the end you get to take the prom queen home.......

OTR18WHEELER 10-11-2017 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by MrAngry (Post 14528573)

I'm simply looking for a beautifully clean driver that I can truly enjoy, however it MUST be sorted mechanically and in great shape. The unfortunate truth however, at least in my experience, is that
Spoiler

Be it little things that aren't disclosed or in regards to repairs, etc.

This, as I'm sure everyone knows, is the battle when searching for something as unique as the 928. That's the reason however that I came to Rennlist!

And thanks - Mike

....some here would take offence to that. Rennlist is a very "tight" community.
Mark Anderson, and others are highly regarded.

Speedtoys 10-11-2017 10:14 PM

One to consider just hit Norcal928...

docmirror 10-11-2017 11:45 PM

STAN! Mr Angry on line four, please pick up.

(he'll be along smartly, he has what you need. All around stand up guy)

Now - if you should change your mind, and want a bottom barrel thrash-mobile, well then, like Blondie says; 'call me!'.

Welcome, you are in the right place

polecat702 10-12-2017 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by MrAngry (Post 14528573)

I'm simply looking for a beautifully clean driver that I can truly enjoy, however it MUST be sorted mechanically and in great shape. The unfortunate truth however, at least in my experience, is that everyone lies... at least a little, when trying to make a sale. Be it little things that aren't disclosed or in regards to repairs, etc.

And thanks - Mike

The car Mark Anderson, has is perfect if Mark says so. He's as honest as they come, and he'll stand behind any thing he sells.

hlee96 10-12-2017 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by polecat702 (Post 14531105)
The car Mark Anderson, has is perfect if Mark says so. He's as honest as they come, and he'll stand behind any thing he sells.

Agree 100%. I love brown leather interior. Checks all of your requirements.

-Hoi

MrAngry 10-13-2017 01:36 AM

OTR18WHEELER - People can take offense, that's okay - and I'm just speaking from my experience. With that being said, I live in the car world and have experienced every side of it with every type of buyer, seller and influencer.

As for Mark Anderson's car. I called him as soon as I saw it and had a very pleasant conversation with him - that car is simply stunning. However it's simply out of my range. I have multiple older vehicles and I drive them almost daily. They do not sit... ever. Thus any car I find will get A LOT miles put on it as I'll be damned if I'm going to save it for the next owner. Thus a car that's more a driver will be a better fit.

SpeedToys - saw that and sent a message, thanks!

Wisconsin Joe 10-13-2017 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by OTR18WHEELER (Post 14530726)
....some here would take offence to that. Rennlist is a very "tight" community.
Mark Anderson, and others are highly regarded.

I agree that Mark (and Stan and a number of others) are highly regarded, and with good reason.

However, there are a few around that are not. And with good reason. Most of them pop up, pull their crap and then disappear. But the OP won't know that.

I don't blame the OP for being cautious and somewhat skeptical.

MrAngry 10-14-2017 01:05 AM

Well, no crap pulling on my end. My goal is simply to find the best 928 that's right for me. Truth be told it's a bucket list car that's stunning from every angle. I'd also like to thank all those who PM'd me with their cars. This is going to be great journey and hopefully I'll be able to contribute as learn the in's and out's of these cars.

Speedtoys 10-14-2017 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by MrAngry (Post 14535142)
Well, no crap pulling on my end. My goal is simply to find the best 928 that's right for me. Truth be told it's a bucket list car that's stunning from every angle. I'd also like to thank all those who PM'd me with their cars. This is going to be great journey and hopefully I'll be able to contribute as learn the in's and out's of these cars.

So..where are you?

Daughter and I are wrenching on two 928s tomorrow in South San Jose at the airport..