Notices
924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Is this rice...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003 | 06:28 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

The Turbo badge on ym car was painted body color when I got it. I like the look. You can only see it when you're close up.
Old 11-22-2003 | 08:24 PM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Now there's an idea. I'm planning on doing a color shoot on my car, dusting the turbo badge the same color as the car would be cool.
Old 11-25-2003 | 10:59 AM
RSflared72e
Rennlist Member

Dave, did you get that baby running yet?

As far as the decal from the original S type 924 - I wouldn't consider it rice since it did originally grace the hood of 924 cars courtesy of the factory. Considering the number of items that end up on all manner of 911s from other 911 models, which always seems to be cool to the 911 crowd, I think that using most any reasonable factory item from a 924/944 is OK on any other 924/944. Just my 2 cents. Al
Old 11-25-2003 | 11:03 AM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

Good point about the 911 crowd. It seems like any rear deck spoiler, regardless of how ridiclous it looks is tolerated due to it being a porsche part....thanks everyone for the posts!
-Erich
Old 11-25-2003 | 11:38 AM
Dave951M
Addict
Rennlist Member

Not yet Al, I need a turbo. I've been sniped on two turbo auctions on Ebay and I'm starting to really look hard at the overhaul of the old one. I was trying to get a good used unit to get the beast on the road with a minimum of cash outlay at this time, with an eye to rebuilding the original later. Looks like that plan keeps getting shot down.

The car thus far and this is a partial of what I've done-
firewall nastyness dealt with
old nose cut off and set up to recieve straight one
engine comp repainted
steering rack regreased and new boots installed
a arms rebuilt
new ball joints
new tie rods
new braided ss brake hoses
new strut bushings
new wheel bearings in front (inner and outer)
new front rotors
rear wheel bearings cleaned and regreased
new tires all around
door handle nearly finished (need one cam to actuate the release)
interior otherwise done except for recovering the drivers seat (to follow)
cv joints have new grease and boots
tranny and axles reinstalled
fuel distributor fixed

This puppy is now officially a roller, engine work to start this weekend and the straight nose will be welded on too. On the engine, I plan to reseal, new belts, comp check, inspect bottom end, new oil pan gasket, reinstall turbo and plumbing, new clutch and then fire it up. BUT I NEED A TURBO!!!! Since I only have dial-up, it's hard to avoid being sniped on Ebay, so I've about given up on that route. If anyone out there has a turbo for an 82 931, I'm all ears. If I had the turbo, this car would be running no later than late January, and I'd like to take it to Hershey. Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but I have no problems doing a mix'n'match on parts from other 24/31/44/51/68 cars but that would be a matter of taste. I still like the idea of a lightened, hot rodded 931 with no external indications to tip off the ricers other than the NACA duct and nose vents. If I could hide those, I'd probably do that to really go undercover. Just let them clowns think it's a 924na heh heh heh (spoken with big evil grin as the boost **** is adjusted upwards).
Old 01-16-2004 | 06:36 PM
JoakimJ
Instructor

Definitely not rice! I think it looks very good on a 924!

Quick Reply: Is this rice...