924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

Koni Strut Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003 | 02:16 AM
Lousailor
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default Koni Strut Conversion

The Final result next to the OEM. Bought the original 944S/Turbo struts and the 250 lb Weltmiester Springs on Ebay, Koni 1414S inserts from R&D (shox.com?), and snubbers and dust covers from Paragon. Paragon had good directions especially compared to the Ikea-like picture drawings that came with the Konis. The top nut was a real pit without a zip gun. Spent some time filing rough edges, cleaning and prepping, then used a rust inhibitor white primer followed by the School Bus Yellow Plasticote. Afew more parts to combine and then I'll put the whole front end back together.
Attached Images  
Old 10-05-2003 | 11:32 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

My future and father in law just did that to one of his 968's. i think yours look great as well! I am now very tempted to take my konis out of the front end and clear that entire area up like yours!
Hmmm... now you got me thinking what else could/should i change while im in there
-Erich
Old 10-05-2003 | 11:36 PM
ErichCS
Three Wheelin'

I guess i don't need to remind you to get an alignment huh?
Old 10-05-2003 | 11:44 PM
Lousailor
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've still got a ways to go. New control arms with poly bushings, new tie rods, turbo spindles, calipers and drilled rotors, and that's just the front. Then the rear, and then it's off to the body shop while I rebuild the motor. Whew!

Quick Reply: Koni Strut Conversion