924 and 931 Forum 1976-1988

'88 924S fuel line replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2002, 07:05 PM
924SMike
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post '88 924S fuel line replacement

I have an '88 924S which needs the fuel line replaced. I have the new pieces for the line, but it appears that in order to get the rear portion of the fuel line installed (it runs over the top of the rear axle), I am going to have to drop the entire back end (not something I want to do unless I have to). Does anyone have any advise on how to install this line any other way?
Old 10-27-2002, 09:45 PM
nw_88_924S
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey -- I had a fuel line prob in my '88 924S just a few months ago, so here is my experience. Hope it helps!

The rubber hose in the engine bay (to the regulator) was full of holes. When I went to the local dealership for a relacement part they gave me a section that ran from the regulator to just under the firewall. It was composed of the rubber line (high pressure) permanently fitted to a hard line. The whole unit was only 3 or 4 feet long, as I remember.

I got the part home and took a look at installing it. The worn-out rubber hose (pressure side) was solidly mounted to the hard line, and the hard line ran from the engine bay, under the firewall, back to rear of the car and over to the tank. As I didn't have the cutting, flaring, or fitting tools I took the car to the dealership and had them install the part.

Likely, Porsche realized the trouble of having a fuel line that runs the length of the car and issed a service bullitin or soemthing along those lines instructing the fitting of the part that I received.

Luckily I saved the order -
The part# for that line (regulator to the firewall) is:

944-356-943-03

If you're interested, I have the part#s for the rear of the line by the tank (2 hoses, filter, and seal) -- i had a small leak there, too.

Quick Reply: '88 924S fuel line replacement