Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car ran for 5 days, died again!!! Help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 06:03 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Wise man say only nut put vice grip on his nuts then tighten.

WAY TO GO ACE!!!!

If ya wanna go inta da renavatin bidness i gots a sledgehamma and ducked tape waitin fo ya.

Lemme get this straight first you rip the belly open then the next day you diagnose. whats the saying measure once cut twice. yeah.
Geez, the hand man is back too. It's a frickin' reunion!
Old 11-21-2003, 07:52 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've already said everything I need to say...masterbates, go crawl back under the rock you came from (or replace with any of a 100 cliches telling someone to **** off), thanks jeff, and I'm done with this thread. BTW, I'm 99% sure its the alt bearings, so I'm going to buy a rebuilt alternator (or if this one is still under warranty I will get a new one free...about 3 years old rebuilt from bosch?) and slap that in along with a new belt. Thanks to all that helped.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:48 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally posted by Mr. Bates - Masta2U
Wise man say only nut put vice grip on his nuts then tighten.

WAY TO GO ACE!!!!

If ya wanna go inta da renavatin bidness i gots a sledgehamma and ducked tape waitin fo ya.

Lemme get this straight first you rip the belly open then the next day you diagnose. whats the saying measure once cut twice. yeah.

why doesnt bates bust chops of other people doing rebuilds?
Old 11-21-2003, 09:52 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 104 Likes on 77 Posts

Ribs,
If i remember my law school correctly the permanent place one lives is the domicile, the temporary place is the residence.

when i was in college i was always domiciled at my parents house even though i resided in my apartment and the apartment of any girl that would let me flop at her place.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:52 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

So what happened? Is all well?
Old 12-01-2003, 11:35 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

I got the alternator in the mail today...I'm going to fix it on wednesday. I'll do some research to make sure all goes smooth, and hopefully I'll be riding in style in a couple of days. Peace.
Old 12-02-2003, 08:25 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

I'd fix that head bolt too.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:54 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

I can't do anything to the car until monday! I have 4 papers due in the next week and finals to study for, and today was going to be the day, but I just don't have the time. I'll get it fixed Monday though. At least I'll be able to put the adj. regulator on since IceShark sent it out today. The head bolt (or lack there of) is fine...JB weld in the bolt hole stopped the coolant from leaking out so there is no problem, and I don't feel like pulling the intake manifold again...next time I pull the head I'll fix it, which hopefully won't be for a while.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:23 PM
alengyel
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Rich, wish I was able to help. I would turn a wrench with you anyday!!!!!!! good luck
Old 12-03-2003, 06:25 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

Not worried about a leak fron the hole, the problem might be with the head gasket leaking because the bolt is missing. Anyhow, I doubt you'd be able to fix it wthout pulling the head, so you might was well see if it holds the way it is.

Now get back to those books!
Old 12-04-2003, 04:44 PM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by alengyel
Rich, wish I was able to help. I would turn a wrench with you anyday!!!!!!! good luck
Thanks Alengyel...maybe if my car ever breaks down in Utah, I'll call on you for help!

Originally posted by Peckster
Not worried about a leak fron the hole, the problem might be with the head gasket leaking because the bolt is missing. Anyhow, I doubt you'd be able to fix it wthout pulling the head, so you might was well see if it holds the way it is.

Now get back to those books!
I'm hitting the books hard...I wish I had about 4mg of Xanax because I think I'm about to have a panic attack. Anyways, the combustion chamber shouldn't leak because the bolts are just to hold the main coolant inlet on the head to the block, and there is no leaking now, so all is well. I need a beer...only 1 exam left today, two next week, four the week after, two five page and one twelve page papers due next week, and three presentations left, then all is well and I can relax. Next semester I only have one class two times a week, then I graduate! Whohoo.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:00 PM
Yabo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dunno if anyone caught this yet, but at least on my 85.5 na, the tensioning rod is 17mm.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: Car ran for 5 days, died again!!! Help.