Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing new PowerFlex front A arm bushings on an '89 S2

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2017 | 05:43 PM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

I think I'll sign off from this thread now everything has been figured out. Thank you all for your patience and your tips, hints, photos and personal experience; it may not seem like much to you but it means a lot to me.

This is a great forum. I don't know anyone who works on these cars personally so for me it's invaluable just to be able to talk with other folks who've faced these problems and survived

Sincerely,
Old 06-16-2017 | 04:55 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Awesome, glad you figured it out, and even more glad you got it assembled!

PS, that pic that Mike posted is actually mine . But for future reference, those bushings are not stock, they're the ones from Paragon which sadly I cannot recommend because of the illustrated loose fit.
Old 06-16-2017 | 08:12 AM
MAGK944
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Otto Mechanic
PS: Very clean cross member there Mike Looks great! Thanks for the photo.
Originally Posted by FRporscheman
...PS, that pic that Mike posted is actually mine ....
Yep, I can only wish that mine are that clean
Old 06-16-2017 | 08:18 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Awesome, glad you figured it out, and even more glad you got it assembled!

PS, that pic that Mike posted is actually mine . But for future reference, those bushings are not stock, they're the ones from Paragon which sadly I cannot recommend because of the illustrated loose fit.
Thank you, and thanks for all the help! So, it's a very nice looking cross member and I'm not surprised Mike used it as an example. Perhaps someday we'll meet in person. I understand you're somewhere near SF? I'm in Big Basin now but my new shop is in Paso Robles. I plan to race Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca for the most part as soon as this car is done. I hope I'll run into you sometime. That's figuratively, I don't really hope to run into you

Regards,
Old 06-17-2017 | 12:38 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The secret to having such a clean crossmember/etc is to disassemble the entire lower engine bay, clean it, paint it, take pictures, and let everyone think that it's still that clean months later, LOL.

Sure, we could meet up at Laguna some time. I used to do track days and I'm hoping to get back into it soon with my latest 951. Actually I used to live in SLO and now I'm near SF. Drove through Paso tons of times, nice place!
Old 06-17-2017 | 01:13 AM
Otto Mechanic
Rennlist Member

I'll let you know when this project gets to be track ready, last time I was at Laguna was with the 928 at least 3 years ago. I'm really hoping to get this car ready for a shakedown cruise by the end of summer so I'll keep ya'll posted

Regards,

Quick Reply: Help installing new PowerFlex front A arm bushings on an '89 S2