Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The worse week for my car, ever.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003 | 09:40 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Default The worse week for my car, ever.

Last week my coolant hose cracked, and sprayed coolant all over the engine bay. I taped up the hose and it still didnt hold. After 2 tapings of the 1 inch crack, it finally held. Not before i spilled the coolant in the upper hose all over my shirt and nose panel however.

A few nights ago, i managed to turn into a flatbed shopping cart in the parking lot of where i work. I put a 3 inch long crease in the lower panel of the drivers door. It was completley my fault, i should have looked, but i didnt. The irony is that i was moving the car from the spot i was in to avoid being hit by a cart while i was working. That pissed me off beyond belief..but i think i am over it.

My way home from NJ for my sisters birthday. Got stuck at the entrance of the Holland tunnel and it took me over 2 and a half hours to get back to Long Island.

Saturday actually wasnt too bad at all, changed the upper and lower coolant hoses without much problem.

Today...the ride back. again, 85 miles...over 4 and a half hours to get back. Traffic on the Long Island Expressway was incredible, it took me over an hour to get into NYC because of the construction (which has been ongonig for as long as i can remember). I finally get into the city, cross the Williamsburg bridge and get stuck in another 45 minutes worth of traffic on Canal Street. It took me almost an hour to travel about 5 miles to the entrance of the Holland Tunnel. As i am sitting in traffic, i turn on my headlights. Only to notice something is binding them and they are not going up completley. I pulled over at the Exxon right after the exit of the ramp and take a look at the car. The upper radiator hose clamp (the one that plugs into the radiator) was catching one of the swing arms for the headlights. I get to work on trying to free it up. 3 homeless guys walked up to me at different times, trying to help me only making me more frustrated. I was trying to be as nice as possible...and they kept asking me for money. I ASSURE YOU I AM AS BROKE AS THESE PEOPLE. I was willing to show them my god damn ATM reciepts, i have $14.53 cents in their. I had about .53 cents in my pocket. I havent had bills in my wallet for over a month. They just would not get a clue. One of them even muttered "...driving a $60,000 car and cant even spare a dollar". SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS!? WHAT THE HELL! An hour of cursing later, and somehow managing to take out the airbox bracket with the wrong sized wrench i was finally on my way.

On my way onto Route 1 in Jersey, i managed to get off one exit too early (completley my fault again) and have to go about 5 miles out of the way just to get to a U-Turn to get back on Route 1 South. It took me over 4 and a half hours to get back. I cant even begin to count the amount of profanity i said to myself in my head...

On the bright side, my friends father owns a body shop, getting my dent in the door fixed, and a few other cosmetic things fixed over the thanks giving break.
Old 11-16-2003 | 09:49 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

We all got bad days/weeks. I feel ya.
Old 11-16-2003 | 10:06 PM
Lonely Raven
Racer

Wow, sorry brother Duck. I hope that door ding gets worked out.
I truely envy the condition of your car! Well, except for the whole
Automatic transmission thing....of which I bet you're glad to have after
all that traffic you were stuck in, man.

Better days...
Old 11-17-2003 | 02:44 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member

Napoleon
Veteran: Marine Corp

Aw c'mon man.

Doesn't the fact that people think you drive a $60,000 car make you feel a little better.

Caught a few people looking at mine as they drove past a few times the past couple of days. Always makes the little things better.

Quick Reply: The worse week for my car, ever.