Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation during acceleration on my 968 when warmed up

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 PM
touareg
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by thomasmryan
to quote jack white from 'I think ifound the culprit' ;

Two crumbs on my window sill
Two birds sitting there perfectly still
One of them up to no good
The other one doing what he totally should
Just to be clear, not my MAF, I pulled mine, was clean and shiny. I scrapped the pins a bit with a flat head, made sure everything seated nice and snug, seemed to help the problem a little.

Last edited by touareg; 04-17-2017 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM
touareg
Drifting

So been busy, today I tried to clean the MAF hot wire with cleaner, and it made a difference!

Surprisingly, instead of loss of all power now, I get a stumbling on acceleration after release of the pedal, like it is not getting enough fuel.

So I am considering getting my MAF rebuilt. I have the cheepo one I will install next and try out, to see if it smooths things out.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:26 AM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

I checked the resistence of the platinum wire and thermistor those seemed to be close the 1 ohm and 370 ohm specification. Looks shiny and new under the magnifying glass after a few bursts of MAF spray.

The only noticeable effect was a slight burble in the exhaust under deacceleration with a slight application of the go pedal. (A habit developed from drive by wire things) I assumed cleaning helped the low air speed sensitivity.
Old 05-01-2017, 08:33 PM
touareg
Drifting

I checked the resistence of the platinum wire and thermistor those seemed to be close the 1 ohm and 370 ohm specification. Looks shiny and new under the magnifying glass after a few bursts of MAF spray.

The only noticeable effect was a slight burble in the exhaust under deacceleration with a slight application of the go pedal. (A habit developed from drive by wire things) I assumed cleaning helped the low air speed sensitivity.
Oh did you just go clean yours for the heck if it? Good to hear it made a difference!

For me, it really did seem to make a difference where it counts, so I am pursuing this for right now.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:37 PM
thomasmryan
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 89 Posts

I gave it numerous blasts including the heat sink which seemed to have a bit of what looks like belt dust.

I tried hooking up Tore's cable to get the 'actual values' and 'ecu inputs' but the numbers implied that I need to replace every sensor on the car.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:52 PM
touareg
Drifting

I gave it numerous blasts including the heat sink which seemed to have a bit of what looks like belt dust.

I tried hooking up Tore's cable to get the 'actual values' and 'ecu inputs' but the numbers implied that I need to replace every sensor on the car.
LOL, well on my cayenne I get plenty of codes to replace everything, not gonna happen. Pretty convinced I have a bad sensor or wiring issues.

Quick Reply: Hesitation during acceleration on my 968 when warmed up