Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Marines have lost one of their best

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2003, 10:55 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally posted by ahofam123
Here's to Lonnie and all the other military personnel. http://www.reoutfitters.com/WeSupportU/WeSupportU.htm
My God. Thank you so much for posting that.
Old 11-13-2003, 11:07 PM
944S2NUT
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My god.
Old 11-14-2003, 12:57 AM
OZ951
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Matt, I know how tough that is to deal with. My deepest condolences to you and your friends who knew Lonnie. He was clearly someone very special.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:04 AM
iloveporsches
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences for the loss of your friend. My grandfather is a proud Marine. As a plaque he has proudly proclaims, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine," whether that be this life or the next.

I too know what it's like to lose a friend at such a young age. Their wake and funeral were probably the hardest things I've had to go through in my life. Just typing this now, about half a year later, is hard.
Old 11-14-2003, 01:20 AM
*eurospeed951*
Burning Brakes

I am very sorry for you're lose. It is my belife that our true life after death is what lives on in the people we touched after we're gone. From your description it seems he will live forever.

P.S.
The best highschool teacher I ever had taught me that real men never use
"sissy sticks" (straws)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:00 AM
kuhnegirl
1st Gear

Smile Thank you

Hello to anyone who actually reads my reply to this very old post! My name is Rachael Kuhne. Sgt. Lonnie Harley is my brother and today would have been his 35th birthday. I was at home on my computer, missing him like crazy and for some reason had an urge to google his name. I did and I came across this! It really brightened my day to come across this thread, see a nice picture of my brother and all the kind words that Matt O. had written about him and all the kind, supportive responses his thread has recieved. Thank you so much, seeing all of this really moved me and I felt that my brother Lonnie was accurately represented. He was kind, loving, funny and played some of the best (or worse depending on what end you were on it) practical jokes! The straw thing really is true. I remember him saying the whole, " real men don't use straws " thing to me while we were out at dinner! It was nice to hear your memories of him, Matt. Thank you for giving a girl who was having a hard day missing her brother something to smile about

God Bless,
Rachael Kuhne
The following users liked this post:
J1NX3D (03-06-2020)
Old 05-08-2012, 12:06 AM
Butters944
Today I got
My Custom Title
Rennlist Member

the Rennlist gang is probably one of the most caring respectful groups on the web. Happy birthday to your brother, may he continue to rest in peace.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:12 AM
thirdgenbird
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, this is my first time seeing this thread. it sounds like we would have gotten along well. may he continue to represent our God and country.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:23 AM
stogie25
Instructor

I am very sorry for your loss.

He is now guarding the streets of heaven.

Semper Fi.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Rachael,

For some reason I just came across this thread. Man this brings back memories... Lonnie was a heck-ova man. I think about him often. In fact, I affectionately call my 2009 Harley-Davidson, "Lonnie". Ask my wife! I have lovingly shared the straw story and the man behind it to anyone who would listen over the last ten years.

God bless.

Matt
Old 12-13-2012, 01:37 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Very nice guys.

Merry Christmas and all the best !
Old 12-13-2012, 04:48 AM
morghen
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for your loss, i've been there...its marks you for life when a friend dies.
Condoleances to his family and friends.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:40 PM
fejjj
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Love and Prayers to Rachael and the rest of Lonnie's Family.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:00 PM
lvh2003
2nd Gear

My 31st birthday just past December 12! Every year on my birthday I always imagine exactly what Lonnie would do. I can see it clearly! He would scare me with his dog bark/trick. I laugh every year on that day I hear him. I met Lonnie at age eleven. He would always tell my mom..i'm gonna marry ur daughter one day. See he was my brother Steves bestfriend. Ohhh Lonnie had the funniest hair style back in the day with his faded black pance and striped shirts. When Lonnie came back from one of his deployments I was only 16. He met me at my work and we walked home together. It was his first time witnessing to me. As soon as we walked up to my moms house. She would just smile. Sheee loved Lonnie. As well as everyone in my family. Long story short..the last time he came home we reunited...I had a child and was a single mother and Lonnie still loved me..."how I would ask" he would say "u have forgivin me i was once lost before being saved too i love u and mijo"...we were finally together again at last. He and I knew we would get married. He even told his momma we were getting engaged. Lonnie had to go back that tuesday to 29palms. Before he left he came in his ford hung out with my son and I. Told me he would get his 2week leave and be back that wednesday. Sad to say the last time I talked to him was Friday the 26th around 11 that night. Not a day goes by that I don't think about him. People asked how I could move on and still be so much in love with my sweetheart still...I reply and say ..I NEVER FELL OUT OF LOVE WITH HIM HE WAS TAKN BY THE GRACE OF GOD . . .I HAD NO CHOICE. I LOVE AND WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM. MY ONLY REGRET IS NOT BEING ABLE TO HAVE HIM SEE THAT I HAVE FINALLY BEEN SAVED. HE IS MY REASON ALONG WITH MY LORD I HAVE BECOME A GODLY WOMAN. I LOVE U LONNIE AND I KNOW ME BEING SAVED GETS ME TO HEAVEN AND CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU. STEVE AND MOM ALONG WITH SISTERS N BROTHERS LOVE N MISS U TOO!
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM
lvh2003
2nd Gear

Dear lord thank you for this day you have givin us. Lord I know some did not make it through the night. I ask of you to please be with their families. Lord i want you to know if you dont do anything for me this day forward, you have done enough. Tell Lonnie I can't wait to see him again. I love you lord and all you do.

"so god created man in his own
image"
I pray in ur named AMEN.

Quick Reply: The Marines have lost one of their best