Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How the !%#* do I use the kriket?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2003 | 02:22 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Default How the !%#* do I use the kriket?

Hi guys. I was half way through putting my rebuilt head back on my car last time I posted. I'm just a little bit closer now (school and other obligations kept me from it until this week since...the end of august?) but I plan on having my cam slapped back on the motor tomorrow, and would like to get the timing & bs belts put on tomorrow too. I ordered the kriket a few months back, and tried playing with it, and I have absolutely no idea how it is supposed to take belt tension. Perhaps mine is missing parts...I don't know. I'm a smart guy and messing with it for over an hour, all I could do with it was make it click as I depressed a rubber band attached to the kriket on various belts on my dad's probe...I couldn't figure out how to get a reading from it (the gauge on it never moved).

Can someone please explain how this thing is used? If you could condescend to me and explain it as you would to a child, that would be best. Maybe mine is defective or missing parts. Please...help. Thanks a bunch...
Old 11-12-2003 | 10:28 AM
ahofam123
Burning Brakes

You turn the kriket right side up on the inside of a belt so that the guage is facing the the other side of the belt. There should be a black plastic bump underneath the kriket which should be placed directly on a tooth of the belt. You then place your finger between the rubber band and the kriket and depress it until you hear it click. The pressure against the belt should cause the black bump to move the black lever along the guage. Hope that this helps. For my na, I had to remove the top idler roller, I don't know what else you would have to remove eith the turbo.
Old 11-12-2003 | 10:34 AM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

It came without instructions? The Blazak tool is supposed to be similar, maybe the instructions on his site will help. He says someone is linking there from another site.

Quick Reply: How the !%#* do I use the kriket?