Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SF/San Jose Bay Area lift rental?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 07:54 PM
diskzero
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SF/San Jose Bay Area lift rental?

I am wondering if there is anywhere in the south bay area that rents lifts? After doing several hours of work (contol arms, power sterring rack, tie rods, Koni strut conversion) with the car on jack stands, I feel like I have been beaten by a gang of thugs. Even with a decent laydown creeper the job became tedious. Oh the joy of feeling the blood rush out of your arms right as you are trying to make the critical adjustment.

When I lived in Portand and Seattle there were a few places that would rent space to
DIY mechanics and a lift was available. I am just wondering if there is a facility like that
down here.

Thanks!

Gene
Old 11-11-2003, 02:58 AM
Steve Lavigne
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: SF/San Jose Bay Area lift rental?

Originally posted by diskzero
I am wondering if there is anywhere in the south bay area that rents lifts? After doing several hours of work (contol arms, power sterring rack, tie rods, Koni strut conversion) with the car on jack stands, I feel like I have been beaten by a gang of thugs. Even with a decent laydown creeper the job became tedious. Oh the joy of feeling the blood rush out of your arms right as you are trying to make the critical adjustment.

When I lived in Portand and Seattle there were a few places that would rent space to
DIY mechanics and a lift was available. I am just wondering if there is a facility like that
down here.
There is a place in San Francisco that does this, but only to a point:

San Francisco Auto Repair Ctr
611 Florida St, San Francisco, CA 94110
Phone: (415) 285-8588

They don't let you use the lifts, but do have tools you can rent. It is primarily geared towards the low dollar person with the low dollar car who wants to save cash on their repairs. I imagine you probably don't want to make the trek to SF to lie on your back in some unfamiliar garage.

I am curious to hear about what similar situations you know of in the Seattle area. I do recall the Speedware in Redmond would rent shop time, but their rates were rather ridiculous.

Quick Reply: SF/San Jose Bay Area lift rental?