Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am in search of...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 10:59 AM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts
Default I am in search of...

Hey guys and gals,

I am in search of one of those little rubber pieces that are part of the cam cover hold down bolt. Since we had such nice weather yesterday I decided to do my end of season oil change and while I had the hood up, replace my cam cover with the one I had powder coated. Anyway, Murphy's Law kicked in and one those little rubber "o-ring/stoppers" hung up on the bolt as I was pulling it out and bounced down into the dreaded Porsche Little Part Neverland. I dropped the bottom aero-cover and all I found was some road grit and dirty oil. I made up a little gasket and put it one of the bolts that I thought wouldn't be as critical as the corners and it is working so far. I may end up just getting all new bolts and assemblies since mine are kind of dinghy when seen against the powder coating. I don't know if these are a dealer only item, but knowing my luck, probably are. So I am searching here first.

Also, if anyone has a spare set of jam-nuts for an M030 set of front struts I am looking for them.

Time for a quick wash and some top down driving before the weather chages.

Quick Reply: I am in search of...