Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't stand my Koni yellows anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016 | 01:36 PM
AgLiftPilot
Advanced

Originally Posted by StoogeMoe
What do you mean by "lose" half its range? You mean it didn't behave like a shock for half its travel? Was this the front or rear?

We may know each other from the 3 days of driver's meeting with Jay Andrew at the Glen Eastern States championships.
The rebound adjuster on the top of the shock lost half it's range. It was the front and I suspect that since we use curbing so much and run the front so low, that it bottomed out and messed up the shock internally. Well known possibility for us and since the shock has no internal bump stop, and we cut the one that mounts in the stock location, there isnt anything to absorb a bottoming out like that. From what I understand the Bilstein has a bump stop internal to it, so it should be a little more rugged in those situations.

What was the 3 days of drivers meetings? You referring to all the meetings we had about nothing at the Eastern Champs?
Old 11-25-2016 | 01:48 PM
StoogeMoe
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AgLiftPilot
The rebound adjuster on the top of the shock lost half it's range.

What was the 3 days of drivers meetings? You referring to all the meetings we had about nothing at the Eastern Champs?
Ah ok, the adjuster went out. I never had that happen to me at the track, but like you said, I don't run my car quite that low. It had to be streetable as well.

Yeah the meetings behind the trailer where we kept discussing what was considered dirt and racing surface blah blah blah. And then completely ignored what was agreed upon during the race.
Old 11-26-2016 | 08:51 PM
teamcrossworks
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=StoogeMoe;13765873]I purchased the Bilstein shocks for the rear to try them out. When I got them, I tried compressing them by putting them on the floor and pushing down. They were VERY hard to squoosh compared to my other shocks. I was worried that they might be even harsher than the Koni's, but I decided to try them out anyway.

I put them on yesterday and drove to work today. My initial impressions are very good. Sharp bumps feel better than the Koni's. The initial attack of the bump is smoothed out and is much more tolerable. Going over humps are well controlled. I'll drive them around for another week or so and if I still like them, I'll order up the corresponding struts for the front.

Thanks to Jason @ Paragon for taking time to talk to me about the shocks. Much appreciated.

What are the corresponding struts for the front? I didn't see them on the Paragon site...
Old 11-26-2016 | 10:38 PM
AgLiftPilot
Advanced

http://www.paragon-products.com/Bils...30-0104-do.htm

Quick Reply: Can't stand my Koni yellows anymore!