Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headlight upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 11:36 AM
Flying V
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The buckets are $295 the Lexan is $175 and the Headlight kit is $175. I searched for a long time before I spent the money. I was disappointed in the buckets, the gel coat is on the back side, which makes no sense at all. The Lexan covers are the best part of the kit. However, they don't exactly fit the buckets without some tweaking. The headlight kit was a huge disappointment and I would have sent it back demanding a refund if I wouldn't have waited so long to install. For $600+ dollars you get no screws to hold anything together and no instructions on how to mount any of it. You might consider just getting the covers and experimenting behind them with the money saved...
Old 10-29-2003, 12:06 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Flying V
You might consider just getting the covers and experimenting behind them with the money saved...
Wise advice. I was thinking of getting just the lexan, and fabricating thin, sheet aluminium buckets, and making similar brackets to hold some square shaped lights similar to what's inside the euro-fog light assembly, but I'd run it directly off the alternater to get more lumens.

I also have a really wonky headlight fit and it's pissing me off. not sure what I'm going to do.. but I really like this look:

Old 10-30-2003, 02:54 AM
IceShark
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Rich Sandor
BTW, I'd driven in front of Randy and Ian, Randy having the full boat lighting and Ian having some kind of blueish h4 tinted lights. Randy's Full Boat kit just on regular beam is brighter than my car with full highbeams on.

On the way home from Seattle on Sunday, Randy was leading, and if someone was in front of him, all he needed to do was flick the high beam once, and you should have seen how quickly people got outta the way!
Rich, It is pretty amazing how fine the Full Boat headlight package actually performs in real world practice. It is matter of getting great components, paying attention to detail and building high quality. Of course this costs more so that is why most of the auto manufacturers, including Porsche, don't usually spend the effort. I suppose if the dealers did their sales drive pitchs on dark roads they could actually charge a bit more for a good lighting package. Or at least make the sale easier.

Though, this is changing with HID options as that has really caught the attention of consumers. And the manufacturers/dealers can make a good chunk of change on HIDs.

Last edited by IceShark; 10-30-2003 at 03:24 AM.

Quick Reply: headlight upgrade