Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: which pet do you prefer
DOGS
59.77%
cats
36.78%
other
2.30%
none
1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

OT: Dogs VS Cats

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003 | 01:29 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by ERAU-944
geo: i've never seen a dog chase a cat up a tree. only in cartoons.

weird...

-Michael-
I agree. Weird. Seen it many times.
Old 10-29-2003 | 02:05 AM
Kurt
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by ERAU-944

1. they [cats] make you work for the relationship.
2. dogs on the other hand just want you to like them.
1: i thought that's what girlfriends are for...

2: as opposed to those pets out there that DON'T want their owners to like 'em?

they don't call 'em man's best friend for nothing
Old 10-29-2003 | 02:32 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Geo
I agree. Weird. Seen it many times.
And you'll see it again any time you come over to my house George. My pointer is as fast as any dog I've ever seen, and he'd tree cats all day if I'd let him. He loves it. He trees them, and the labs scare the bejesus out of them.

I don't hate cats, but I've noticed a certain insensitivity amongst cat owners to the unique smell of a litter box. My recently departed next door neighbor was an example. When she moved, she had a yard sale. The cat urine smell on her household belongings was almost unbearable from my driveway.

I had a cat in college - Fragment. (Her mom's name was Shrapnel.) She was a good cat, but I'll never have another.
Old 10-29-2003 | 02:35 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Talking Cats vs. Dogs!

Actually, I love both, but only have time for a cat; dogs take up too much of my time.

I grew up with German Shepherds.

Oh, I have seen a dog chase something up a tree once...a Dobie chased ME up a tree! I was only 12, and didn't know the dog.

Anyway, a few years back, I had a wonderful Rottweiler and my two Persian cats. Isis, the Pewter shaded one, thought the dog was useless, and ignored her (look at Timmy's avatar, THAT'S what she looked like, sans helmet!), but the black Persian, Purrvette, would actually CHASE the Rottweiler through the house, then they'd reverse, and the Rottie would chase the cat! It was hysterical to watch!

Anyway, I love having both around. Oh, when I was living with my dad in High School, once I couldn't find the little black kitten I rescued, and couldn't find her. I called for the half black lab/shepherd, and he didn't come either. So I walked around the house, and there was the dog, all curled up, but would only wag his tail. On closer inspection, I found the kitten curled up on him sound asleep, and the dog didn't want to wake her up, it was soooo cute, just like out of that cartoon with the bulldog and kitten!

Actually, that's one of the reasons I adore Persian Cats so much - they act like half dogs! They follow you around, demand attention, beg for food, but at the end of the day, they will curl up with you in bed. The also do this wierd up on toes thing - they'll stand, arch their back, and then like levitate on their toes, it's hysterical!

BTW - I'm allergic to both cats and dogs! Just less so with Persians, the dander is different.

BUT you can buy Infusion 23 leave in hair conditioner (available at Target, WalMart, etc.), and rub it on the surface hair of a cat or dog, and let it dry. Cuts down the dander dramatically!

Oh, just to make things funnier, Purrvette came from the same cattery as Mr. Tinkle from the movie, "Cats and Dogs"! She's his Auntie.

- Julie
Old 10-29-2003 | 02:54 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally posted by Tom
Dogs are from NASCAR

Cats are from F1
how much clearer can it get, its true too!
Dogs=dumb and run in circles
nascar= dumb and run in circles
~Eyal
Old 10-29-2003 | 03:25 AM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

Default Re: Cats vs. Dogs!

Originally posted by Devia
Actually, that's one of the reasons I adore Persian Cats so much - they act like half dogs! They follow you around, demand attention, beg for food, but at the end of the day, they will curl up with you in bed. The also do this wierd up on toes thing - they'll stand, arch their back, and then like levitate on their toes, it's hysterical!

BTW - I'm allergic to both cats and dogs! Just less so with Persians, the dander is different.
I never cared for cats, I grew up with dogs. Then my wife and I got two Persians. I am really allergic to most cats but Persians don't bother me at all. They do act kind of like dogs too. PJ, our boy cat gets up with me every morning and follows me around. Sometimes I will be walking through the house and realize that he is stalking me. Also whenever I am on the computer at home he has to lay next to me and he ususally rests his head on my arm....

This is my dog Pepper, she lives with my parents back in the US

Last edited by *Michael.*; 10-29-2003 at 04:01 AM.
Old 10-29-2003 | 04:05 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

those look and sound like awsome cats! When I'm at home, my cat always lays on top of the computer screen while im on, giving me those slow bink "i love you" eyes.
~Eyal
Old 10-29-2003 | 05:00 AM
Dlefko
Burning Brakes

i am down with both. had a cat for about 16 years, he died, now i have a dog, he is cool, girls think he is cute so he is gonna hang around for a while.
Old 10-29-2003 | 05:02 AM
deni durrell
Three Wheelin'

I've never seen a cat chase a dog up a tree.

My cat has! he chased the dog AND the owner clear across the street from my front door! My cat is more like a dog and will actively pursue a dog that he feels is threatening - no hesitations there (he was supposed to be feral, but i got when he ws too young to know his own mother). he will also fetch, and come when called. since he can't bark, he will meow and/or become excited if he hears someone at the door. unfortunately i can't take him for a walk, but my "man" is quite loyal nonetheless. go boy! go get'em!

....cat owners to the unique smell of a litter box.

This is an "owner" problem and not a "cat" problem. this is the same dept. as an owner not cleaning up after his dog doing his business on the sidewalk.

if i were to have a dog, i would choose a. rottweiler, and b. pit bull. pit bulls are THE MOST abused animals, period! i think it's sad what people do to these dogs.

BTW: I am allergic to cats as well. No extended exposure to fur is all it requires.

good boy, sic 'em!
Old 10-29-2003 | 05:17 AM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

I really want to get a Lab or a German Sheppard when I get back to the US
Old 10-29-2003 | 07:37 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Eyal 951
how much clearer can it get, its true too!
Dogs=dumb and run in circles
nascar= dumb and run in circles
~Eyal
Yeah, that's right. Cats=F1. They have major attitude and think they're better than everyone else. They believe their own nonsense.

I swear, our first cat just liked to have us around to have someone to ignore.
Old 10-29-2003 | 07:42 AM
Geo
Race Director

Originally posted by Red1
She was a good cat, but I'll never have another.
Heh. That's what we said about our first cat. Then a momma dropped a litter in our garage and we're keeping her. When she resided in the garage she was all loving and easy going. Now that the kitties are gone and she's in the house she's already developing an attitude and terrorizing our first cat. Being woken up in the middle of the night by them fighting (about an hour ago on the damned bed this time) is getting old.
Old 10-29-2003 | 08:41 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

My vote is for cats

Old 10-29-2003 | 08:46 AM
'86 944 turbo
Burning Brakes

This is my dog.
Attached Images  
Old 10-29-2003 | 10:14 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Haha....what a topic I can't vote one over the other as I've had one and/or both for pretty much my whole life. Not allergic to either, so no standing problems.

I have had a cat that would actually seek out and hunt down other dogs and cats if they came near our property. Dogs several times his size would tuck tail between their legs and run on spotting him. Of course, he wasn't partial and you'd see a neighbors cat head off into the field across from our old house and there he'd go off after it. A few minutes later and you'd hear the other cat scream like a little girl and here would come Tom, back out of there with a big mouthful of cat fur....hehe. Odd thing was though that all of the other animals that we owned, he took care of. He took care of the kitten we got and got along great with the dogs that we had.

Loved 'em all, enjoyed them all and right now have but one, an indoor schnoodle (poodle/schnauzer mix) that is adorable, but in many ways living indoors she has become very much like a cat in being independent in her little world.

Quick Reply: OT: Dogs VS Cats