Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I find something rare? 951

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 01:08 AM
mrgreenjeans
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

DasSilberWedge:

If one gets ahold of the books written by Jim Pasha, before he died a premature death, one has a whole WEALTH of information on these water coolers. I don't remember the name of it...... but it's a good one.

He wrote many articles as well for Panorama and Excellence and these back issues may be sourced easily. Bought off of ebay or sourced thru Up Fixin' der Porsche in PCA libraries.

Bruce Anderson ( also recently deceased ) wrote great informative articles on the watercooler fours.

( I am a learning instrument not a teaching instrument and do well at only passing on what I have learned from my own firsthand experience or know from reading these volumes on the four cylinder water cooled cars. I humbly thank you for the kind words, but I am not the source of great knowledge some of the true Masters of these cars are.)

Bill Burris and George Beuselinck are also GREAT sources of info, and guys like John Straub from SanDiego who crewed on Porsche 944s for teams like Alan Johnson and built up tremendous suspension setups, Greg Meyers from the southeast who also works on 944s in a service capacity, guru mechanics like Paul Boese who knows Porsches like the back of his hand, Lindsay Racing, Auto Edge from the twin Cities Mpls / St. Paul, and countless others spread across this land: Sean Cridland, Albert Broadfoot Racing, Van Swenson and his informative You Tube Videos..... there are LOTS of you greats I haven't even met yet. Racers, Mechanics, diehard enthusiasts; ALL know far more than me on these cars. I am merely a student and have humbly been one since 1982 when I first began to hear rumours of these cars and their design sprouting forth from Germany. I HAD to have one. Then another and another...... the more I found out about the rarities of certain cars, needed to then add that one to the group.

Well, you know how THAT goes.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:56 AM
996SPECticle
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06C2s
Wow KVDR thanks for posting that for all to see.....lol was hoping to keep it a little quite so I could do some due diligence.

For all others thanks for the info, I will be making a offer as it does seem different enough to make it somewhat special.
No need for thanks.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/5758368099.html
Old 09-29-2016, 02:18 AM
DasSilberWedge
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrgreenjeans
DasSilberWedge:

If one gets ahold of the books written by Jim Pasha, before he died a premature death, one has a whole WEALTH of information on these water coolers. I don't remember the name of it...... but it's a good one.

He wrote many articles as well for Panorama and Excellence and these back issues may be sourced easily. Bought off of ebay or sourced thru Up Fixin' der Porsche in PCA libraries.

Bruce Anderson ( also recently deceased ) wrote great informative articles on the watercooler fours.

( I am a learning instrument not a teaching instrument and do well at only passing on what I have learned from my own firsthand experience or know from reading these volumes on the four cylinder water cooled cars. I humbly thank you for the kind words, but I am not the source of great knowledge some of the true Masters of these cars are.)

Bill Burris and George Beuselinck are also GREAT sources of info, and guys like John Straub from SanDiego who crewed on Porsche 944s for teams like Alan Johnson and built up tremendous suspension setups, Greg Meyers from the southeast who also works on 944s in a service capacity, guru mechanics like Paul Boese who knows Porsches like the back of his hand, Lindsay Racing, Auto Edge from the twin Cities Mpls / St. Paul, and countless others spread across this land: Sean Cridland, Albert Broadfoot Racing, Van Swenson and his informative You Tube Videos..... there are LOTS of you greats I haven't even met yet. Racers, Mechanics, diehard enthusiasts; ALL know far more than me on these cars. I am merely a student and have humbly been one since 1982 when I first began to hear rumours of these cars and their design sprouting forth from Germany. I HAD to have one. Then another and another...... the more I found out about the rarities of certain cars, needed to then add that one to the group.

Well, you know how THAT goes.
I'll make sure to take a look and keep an eye out, see what I can find. Definitely interested in learning more.

I know the curse.. I'm only in the position to have one at the moment which is probably a good thing. Always say I could easily have another 2 or 3.. I'm too young to have experienced them properly back in their heyday but they've always had this unique aura around them I've loved. Same easily said for the 911 but the 944's always been a unique and separate animal that I've always been able to appreciate.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

It appears to have an alarm judging by the second key hole next to the door. Car looks clean. Where is it located?

Quick Reply: Did I find something rare? 951