Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's fecking snowing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003 | 01:55 PM
david fracolli
Three Wheelin'

I would love global warming! Hight temp yesterday was 36 with a low of 27. Had snow flurries all day long. Damn, I can't wait to go to Ireland!!
Old 10-24-2003 | 01:58 PM
Matt H
Race Director

triscadek - one of the coldest days in my life was spent in OK, right around your neighborhood. It is going to be freakin cold tomorrow, talk about low motivation to work on the car!
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:06 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 89magic98
I don't think cars would fit into that equation .... the car registration tax stuff was one of the big reasons Davis was tossed out.

For some of the more rural counties here (nothing on the coastline), I've heard it's quite easy to get a carry permit.

Of course, if we were talking about Florida, we would have to toss in "Pawn Shops" and "Greyhound Tracks" to Sid's list.
I went to see the Greyhounds race once.. it was interesting. I bet like $5 and lost it. My dog came in last.
Every time I think about greyhounds I can't help but remember that simpsons episode with " Santa's lil helper." That was a great show...

What were we talking about again... humm... OH... ya,

EAST COAST BABY!!

Old 10-24-2003 | 02:14 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by SidViscous
Oh and are ozone molecules like dogs.

You know, "All dogs go to heaven"

Because obviously the ozone disapears, never to be seen ever again.

Maybe they go to the same place all my pens and socks go.

I stopped wearing socks, but I still need pens.
Screw the pens and socks, I just want to know where that bolt I dropped went

And speaking of global warming (yes please), haven't there been huge climate shifts in the past (yes) And haven't there actually been dramatic climate shifts that took very short periods of time to occur in the past (yes). So why are humans supposed to take the blame for this, inevitable, climate shift?

Also, I remember all the talk of nuclear winters that should occur after a big nuclear conflagration. How come LA and Atlanta, with all the smog, aren't suffering nuclear winters.
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:16 PM
Manning
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh yeah, it was pouring down snow on my way into work a couple weeks ago. Not enough to stick, but definitely snow.
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:19 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by Travis - sflraver
I went to see the Greyhounds race once.. it was interesting. I bet like $5 and lost it. My dog came in last.
Every time I think about greyhounds I can't help but remember that simpsons episode with " Santa's lil helper." That was a great show...

What were we talking about again... humm... OH... ya,

EAST COAST BABY!!

Aren't you really close to the track in Hollywood, FL? At least that was where the meet was the other day, right?

I went to that track a few times several years ago.

Oh, I forgot to add "jai alai" to the list.
Old 10-24-2003 | 02:35 PM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member

Napoleon
Veteran: Marine Corp

Went into your clutch housing. Hello new clutch.

Actually what happened in the past was that the Dinosaurs found high fashion. And they started doing these huge hairdoos like we did in the 80's. I know what your saying, how can hairspray alone burn out the ozone layer. Well you ever seen dinosaurs. Big bastards. They had hairdoos that today would have to have warning lights to warn of low flying aircraft. Big monstrous hairdoos.

So they burned out the ozone layer and as a result it got really warm and muggy, and thier hairdoos wouldn't stay up.

So they all used to sit orund and bitch.

Eventually they invented ciggarettes.

And that's what really kiled of the dinosaurs.
Old 10-24-2003 | 03:24 PM
Travis - sflraver
Site Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally posted by 89magic98
Aren't you really close to the track in Hollywood, FL? At least that was where the meet was the other day, right?

I went to that track a few times several years ago.

Oh, I forgot to add "jai alai" to the list.
I have never understood the whole Jai alai thing. Never went so I guess that could be part of it.

Yep, it is right down the street. The hollywood greyhound track (which is host to a great haunted house this time of year) is off of hallendale beach blvd which is a few exits down from us off of I-95.

Back on topic , sort of, I wish it would cool off a little more down here. The last few days had the edge taken off a little but now its back to being hot and miserable again. Push some more cold air our way guys.

Quick Reply: It's fecking snowing