Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

test drive disaster

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 12:23 PM
jvandyke
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
The Accelerator cable is Genuine Porsche so not a lot of room to work with unfortunately.
I looks like there (was) a plastic sheathing inside the coiled spring outer (which is itself surrounded by rubber normally). This appears to have melted and clogged up the works.
I sourced a good used one. autoatlanta showed one for $35 but they don't actually have any.
I messed with it a little for fun, thinking I could unsolder the barrel, take the whole thing apart and rebuild it but the barrel end laughed at my attempts to de-solder it. At that point it wasn't worth the effort. I'm sure a guy could build something that works if they wanted to badly enough.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:34 PM
konakat
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jvandyke
I looks like there (was) a plastic sheathing inside the coiled spring outer (which is itself surrounded by rubber normally). This appears to have melted and clogged up the works.
I sourced a good used one. autoatlanta showed one for $35 but they don't actually have any.
I messed with it a little for fun, thinking I could unsolder the barrel, take the whole thing apart and rebuild it but the barrel end laughed at my attempts to de-solder it. At that point it wasn't worth the effort. I'm sure a guy could build something that works if they wanted to badly enough.
The barrel end looks really similar to a mountain bike brake cable if you need an alternative to try. Just snip off the other end.
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1500_.jpg
Old 09-30-2016, 08:44 PM
odonnell
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 47 Posts

I have a good used one if you want it, but it'll be a few weeks before I can ship.

Quick Reply: test drive disaster