Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help - where could this plug into?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 09:57 PM
jbob
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

edredas over at 924 board said the following

"Yes, the '87 924S has one unused plug. The early 944 ran Motronic 1.2 which used an Auxiliary Air Valve (AAV). The 924S runs Motronic 3.1 without an AAV but uses the early harness, so this plug was ziptied back out of the way from the factory. It cannot control an AAV since one of the wires just runs under the dash and connects to nothing...

That said, on the '88 models, that plug was re-purposed to control an electronic valve on the back of the intake... so '88 owners will have not have a spare plug.

I hope that helps!"

being such a honey badger, I can't believe how long i poked around and stared at that engine. at least i cleaned a few spots and learned a little bit of 924S anatomy. good lord!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:14 PM
jbob
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a couple reassembly questions

as far as that wire bundle, with the wires to the AFM and this unused wire - should I look to further heat shield it or try to clip it up and away from the motor and away from the intake manifold? as it is now, its shielded a little but seems like it would still make some contact with the motor.

Also, I am not really seeing how I should remount the ICV - does it just kind of float somewhere? how is it held in place? I have a bit of heat shielding I got from arnworx I was going to use on my new fuel lines. are there any other steps I can do to make sure everything is in the right place.

also, as far as vacuum hoses, any tips to making sure I am doing it right or to check for as I am reassembling?

thanks so much. was a huge relief to find out about that stray wire even if I had literally wasted hours feeling around for where it should go.

Quick Reply: need help - where could this plug into?