Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally Got it ALL back together.

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 06:40 PM
Adam Roberts
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally Got it ALL back together.

Just got done with my clutch job. Got everything put back together.......again. If you haven't heard about my cruddy luck in my previous post

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...threadid=92060

that explains it. As I finished the clutch job, I forgot to tighten the ground, and as I was tightening it, the socket popped off and fell down a hole in the clutch bellhousing.

I tried to fish it out with everything... Those little grabbers, magnetic retrievers, I even made a large electromagnet to somehow grab it from inside the bellhousing and raise it to the surface.. The electromagnet just stuck to various parts of the car with enough force I couldn't pull it off and I had to turn it off

so I took the car apart again.... I just disconnected the CV joints and transmission carrier, unbolted the torque tube and took out the starter & slave cylinder again. I unbolted the clutch bellhousing and then slid the tube and transmission to the wheel well.

I heard something roll down and I looked into the hole where the starter goes.

I found it and proceeded to take it out by looping it with a coathanger..

and now its out.. my ordeal over I have everything back together now..

its great to be back and on the road.... I love my porsche
Old 10-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I see the problem, that is an SAE socket! It wanted to see German technology up close!

Good on your part.

Quick Reply: Finally Got it ALL back together.