Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 12:04 AM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have listened to Rush for a number of years and his job is not to Discredit and slander anyone. If you believe this then you obviously dont listen to him everyday. Instead you take reports about him, reports that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Christian
Old 10-11-2003, 12:18 AM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your quite correct, i do not listen to big Rush everyday, because when i have listened to him in the past his leftist extreme-neo-con banter made me want to vomit! As i stated my wish is not to offend anyone, as i feel unless you have something constructive to say(Rush) keep it to yourself. Oh and by the way, who here thinks Mcnabb is overated? I for one think he is a tremendous athlete, and is one of the best QB's in the NFL! What other QB scrambles as good? none!
Old 10-11-2003, 02:37 AM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

"still blaming America's problems on a former president whose most noted "crime on Americans" was a blow job from one questionable looking intern?"

Try Somalia in 1993 for starters. Clinton was the biggest scum bag to ever run this country. The list goes on but it's late and you know what they say about arguing and running in the Special Olympics.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:07 AM
phantom309
Racer

Oh yes, Somalia certainly was a bust. And we all know no Republican president would ever get us involved in a dubious war, in a country we had no business in, for reasons which indicate either gross incompetence or outright lies.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:17 AM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've yet to see it. I have yet to see a Republican president get us involved in a CIVIL war. Who dedicated us to Vietnam? Who caused us to not win in Vietnam? I don't see any Republican presidents raising their hands.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:05 AM
phantom309
Racer

Originally posted by brrt50cal
I've yet to see it. I have yet to see a Republican president get us involved in a CIVIL war.
Do a little research on Augusto Pinochet.

Who dedicated us to Vietnam? Who caused us to not win in Vietnam? I don't see any Republican presidents raising their hands.
The Republicans held the White House from 1968 until the war's end. That's plenty of time to win a war - unless you're facing impeachment and criminal charges, of course.
Old 10-11-2003, 04:18 AM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

I just loved having the dumbo-craps come out and stump for Gray-Out Dooffus! Every time they did the percentage of those polled to recall him increased! Yes even 30% of the liberals voted to remove him!

With "friends" like those who needs enemies!

At least Limbaugh, Larry Elder, Sean Hanitty, Al Rantel and Bill O'Reilly are stright forward and honest about their observations and clearly deliniate comments that are their opinions.

You jokers in New York deserve Princes Shillary and her shyster husband. They already wore out their welcome in Arkansas!
Old 10-11-2003, 06:55 AM
DangerIslandII
Advanced

socal: you're totally missing my point. Rush is an outspoken advocate of sending people "up the river" from drug use, meanwhile he's got a big Oxycontin addiction. I don't care when he said it, I'm sure he would agree with that statement today, and that makes it quite ironic.

And as far as him not buying them on the black market, you don't need to buy them from your housekeeper for it to be illegal. Keeping a prescription for very VERY strong painkillers for a very long time after you need them to control pain from surgery is illegal. I'm sure Rush would agree with me.

Don't get so uptight because I'm calling your "Idol" on something, I'm a pretty conservative guy. I probably agree with a lot of what he has to say, but If you can't see the irony in the situation, then you've got blinders on, and/or are a raving fanboy that thinks the guy can do no wrong.

btw, using phrases like "dumbo-craps" "gray-out doofus" and "Princess Shillery" really underscores your maturity and eloquence. I'm impressed.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:52 AM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Old 10-11-2003, 12:14 PM
keith
Drifting

Yeah, I agree with you on the name-calling - seems outrageously prevalent in those circles.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:55 PM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

"The Republicans held the White House from 1968 until the war's end. That's plenty of time to win a war - unless you're facing impeachment and criminal charges, of course."

After what Johnson did for the war, it didn't matter what the Republicans did to try and turn it around. Plus, let's not forget the idiotic anti-war protestors back home. You know, the ones that spit on my father and such when they saw him walking down the street in uniform, calling him a baby killer. Please. Johnson was a worthless president just like Kennedy and Carter.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:58 PM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

Oh BTW, our forces were in different regions of South America for years. And for the amount of time we've been there, it really doesn't matter who sent them since the political structure of the 40s and 50s were much different than that of today.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:02 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

I actually have a bigger problem with Dr. Laura's mother being found dead in her apartment several _months_ after she died. Because that circumstance in her personal life more directly mapped to 100% of her "mission statement" as a talk-radio host. Rush had a lot of opinions on things other than drug abuse.

Do you think that Rush's weight loss was because of the prescription drug abuse? Or did he try to lose weight on his own to try to alleviate his back pain?

Kevin
Old 10-11-2003, 03:22 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by DangerIslandII
socal: you're totally missing my point. Rush is an outspoken advocate of sending people "up the river" from drug use, meanwhile he's got a big Oxycontin addiction. I don't care when he said it, I'm sure he would agree with that statement today, and that makes it quite ironic.
The quote was from 1995. Rush's back surgery was in 1997. Addiction changes one's personal opinions. Again some tend to ignore the timelines -- distort the facts.

And as far as him not buying them on the black market, you don't need to buy them from your housekeeper for it to be illegal. Keeping a prescription for very VERY strong painkillers for a very long time after you need them to control pain from surgery is illegal. I'm sure Rush would agree with me.
Call Rush up and ask him. You may be presuming too much.

Don't get so uptight because I'm calling your "Idol" on something, I'm a pretty conservative guy. I probably agree with a lot of what he has to say, but If you can't see the irony in the situation, then you've got blinders on, and/or are a raving fanboy that thinks the guy can do no wrong.
Rush is not my idol. He is as human and thus emotional as you and I. I do tend to find most of his statements backed up with quotes and researchable references unlike the catatonic dribble the dumbo-craps are currently regurgitating.

btw, using phrases like "dumbo-craps" "gray-out doofus" and "Princess Shillery" really underscores your maturity and eloquence. I'm impressed.
I stated that I don't hate people. Didn't say I don't despise them. Wither you are impressed or not makes no difference to me.
Old 10-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Perhaps I should swing by Rush's house on the way home this evening.

I'll see if he has some spare "'ludes" he could mail out to his supporters.

Jim 1987 944S (who thinks this thread is beginning to resemble a three stooges eye-poking loop)

Quick Reply: OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh