Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003 | 08:56 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by BeerBurner
Please don't take this as a flame. I respect you for not hating any of the liberal personalities. But the reality is that there are just as many die-hard conservatives out there who hate these whacko-liberals as there are liberals that hate conservatives. Neither party has the monopoly on political asshattery. Both parties have people who are guilty of doing the same things.

BB.
There are a few that I would watch being slowly dismembered.

Extremists: Have an "acquaintance" that is part of the black helicopter crowd. I asked him once if I could patch on to his satellite account by paying him $10 per month if he would sign me up as a third receiver. He wouldn't do it as it was "wrong". However he did bug me for copies of the Shanklin stuff. Never mind that he didn't buy it.
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:57 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by DangerIslandII
So the fact that he wasn't looking for pills at that time makes the quote any less ironic? I think not.
Could be anything you want it to be if you chose to ignore the timeline.

Facts is facts.
Old 10-10-2003 | 09:06 PM
Moe
Addict
Rennlist Member

This is interesting....

Bernard Chapin writes:

"You see last Sunday I witnessed one such denunciation on ESPN but it was not made by Rush Limbaugh. In fact, another comment turned out to be far more damning than his regarding race, sports, and the media. The offensive speech was made by another white talking head on ESPN. His name is Sal Paolantonio and he spoke a few hours before Rush on the program, “The Sports Reporters.”

"Unlike Limbaugh, what Paolantonio said was truly racist. He implied that a lot of people around the country were hoping that Notre Dame’s coach, Tyrone Willingham, would fail and be fired because of his race. In Paolantonio’s Jim Crow era mind, apparently there are still a great many Americans who want to keep the black man down."

I do believe it's "who" said "what" thaat really matters huh?
Old 10-10-2003 | 09:10 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

Guess where I stand...My dog's name is Rush
I have little use for liberals.
Old 10-10-2003 | 09:39 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

One of my favorite bands is Rush, but I don't think that's the same thing...

Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Extremists: Have an "acquaintance" that is part of the black helicopter crowd. I asked him once if I could patch on to his satellite account by paying him $10 per month if he would sign me up as a third receiver. He wouldn't do it as it was "wrong". However he did bug me for copies of the Shanklin stuff. Never mind that he didn't buy it.
It takes all kinds...

BB.
Old 10-10-2003 | 09:55 PM
Mark Parker
Burning Brakes

So it's true that he used his maid to buy Oxycontin for him ? In his position, with all he "stands for" hinging on his squeaky clean image, he risks all of it by getting his fix illegally ? Ya' know, Elvis was the CONSUMATE hophead, but he had sense enough to get his dope through a doctor. What, Limbaugh didn't have enough money to buy a friendly physician ? What surprises me most about this is some peoples willingness to support and continue to look forward to the "sage wisdom" of a man who has just demonstrated that he's a f**kin' idiot.
Old 10-10-2003 | 09:57 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Limbaugh never said he bought Oxycontin on the black market. His X house keeper has implied this.

To misconstrue the facts makes me question who the F'ing idiot is.
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:01 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

I second that, There was never any formal mention of any illegal purchases, Rush had prescriptions for pain killers for his many surgeries, most recently for his back, which was a botched surgery. His doctor upped his dosage.

Christian
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:04 PM
Mark Parker
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DerSchlechtSpecht
I second that, There was never any formal mention of any illegal purchases, Rush had prescriptions for pain killers for his many surgeries, most recently for his back, which was a botched surgery. His doctor upped his dosage.

Christian
[/QUOTE

So the police are investigating him for the proper use of prescription drugs ? I don't think so. Once again, I am shocked at the stupidity he's demonstrated.
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:11 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

The police have only admitted to his name being in the investigation. It's his X house keeper that is alleging that Limbaugh bought from her. Possibly to try to get her *** off the hook. It remains to be proven that Limbaugh did buy from her.
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:12 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Who in this thread has been hooked on perscription drugs?
Old 10-10-2003 | 10:45 PM
Moe
Addict
Rennlist Member

SoCal, LMAO at the idiot question! :-)
Old 10-10-2003 | 11:15 PM
keith
Drifting

Man, there are so many things I want to say on this one, but it all ends up amounting to "fuedin' "

I wonder how it is that a person's individual, core beliefs can happen to fall EXACTLY along party agenda?

I seriously doubt that there are very many individual personal beliefs being put forth in politics whatsoever.

And to label propoganda as Truth is insulting.
Actually, seeing things as black or white (figuratively speaking) or as necessarily this or that, is insulting to intelligence in general.

I listen to both parties and their salesmen and I am constantly shocked at how they apparently consider their supporters to be reactionary morons, victim of the easy sale if it is pitched as being in opposition to the other side....

But then, I certainly see a sort of zealotry in these discussions, as well.
Old 10-10-2003 | 11:42 PM
car_slave
Pro

Umm..... I wonder if Rush will blame his addiction on the Clinton's??? Of course he will, that's his answer for everything.

Why is this loose cannon, and accompanying *****, still blaming America's problems on a former president whose most noted "crime on Americans" was a blow job from one questionable looking intern? I am glad that the aforementioned republican reveler will be absent from our airways for the next five weeks. Not because I despise him, but because his hapless followers might be allowed chance to clear their minds of such catchy and quotable Rushisims like, "The liberal media, The Clinton's!, and Democratic scoundrels." The man is a puppet master for conservative aggression who diverts citizens from the real issues like, a failing economy, massive national dept, and the fact our current leader squandered all our hard earned cash on ridiculous tax cuts. Do yourself a favor and break the cycle. Yes you can go a through a sort of mental rehab of your own, a deprogramming of staunchness.

All disrespect aside, ESPN got their moneys worth from this guy, and should have kept him on the air to insight even more media buzz for their practically "unheard of" football show.

Hillary 2004. Can you feel your blood boiling yet? LOL
Old 10-10-2003 | 11:49 PM
jsonnen
Three Wheelin'

Keith, well put! Life isn't just black or white, left or right, but much more complex and layered than most of us realize. I'm neither liberal or conservative but when a person such as Rush, whose job it is to discredit and slander anyone he dislikes gets caught doing oxycontin(ie:heroin) and people start flaming him, so be it! Time for big Rush to eat some crow and humble pie. p.s. no disrespect intended to anyone on this wonderful forum.

Quick Reply: OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh