Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003 | 06:53 PM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

LoL Formula! You beat me to the punch!
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:02 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

As a human being, I wish him a full recovery.

As far as his politics are concerned, like every other extremist out there (right, left and otherwise) he holds so little credibility with me that I can't take anything he says seriously. Therefore, he doesn't even register enough to warrant any kind of reaction.

Which, ironically enough, is probably the worst thing I can do to him.

So, yeah, I hope he gets well soon. I mean, we need his rediculous right-wing propeganda to cancel out the rediculous left-wing propeganda. We have to maintain the balance of the universe somehow...

(Can you tell I'm sick of "party politics"?)

BB.
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:20 PM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

I hate Rush, too much of a hypocrite and waaaay to far right. I dont like people too far left either. But anyway, I wish him luck and admire for confessing on public radio.
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:23 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

I can't beleive that guy's still on the air.
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:25 PM
DerSchlechtSpecht
Three Wheelin'

If you hate The all mighty MahaRushy because you are a liberal, or if you love him because you are a conservative like me, we can all agree that this man speeks out what he believes. What he said about the black quarterback was frank, and what he believed was true. Just because he spoke his mind doesnt mean he is a racist. El Rushbo is the kind of guy that you either love or hate if you are in politics, the reason why is because he speaks his mind, and doesnt play word games like the clintons, and isn't a flip flop artist like Joe Liebermann or John Kerry. Aside from politics he is a good man, dontaing millions to bona fide Childrens charities when was the last time you saw the clintons supporting charities? All they seem to do is set up people in thier own party for elections just so they can advance themselves, regardless of the outcome that will effect the state of the union....tisk tisk.

Christian
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:38 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Someone move this to OT

Last edited by ELLSSUU; 10-10-2003 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:40 PM
esanmiguel
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by DerSchlechtSpecht
If you hate The all mighty MahaRushy because you are a liberal, or if you love him because you are a conservative like me, we can all agree that this man speeks out what he believes. What he said about the black quarterback was frank, and what he believed was true. Just because he spoke his mind doesnt mean he is a racist. El Rushbo is the kind of guy that you either love or hate if you are in politics, the reason why is because he speaks his mind, and doesnt play word games like the clintons, and isn't a flip flop artist like Joe Liebermann or John Kerry. Aside from politics he is a good man, dontaing millions to bona fide Childrens charities when was the last time you saw the clintons supporting charities? All they seem to do is set up people in thier own party for elections just so they can advance themselves, regardless of the outcome that will effect the state of the union....tisk tisk.

Christian
I dont think what he said about the quarterback issue was racist, and so do some Black people I know. Remember ESPN is owned by Disney and any hint of controversy or even racism, they will take action. They should have known this would happen when they got Rush there. I don't think Rush is racist. He is just too far right and claims that what he says is always the truth. Unfortunately, a lot of his ditto heads take all his word as the truth and worship the guy like he is God or something.

Listen to John and Ken instead (KFI 640), now those guys are my heroes!!
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:49 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by DerSchlechtSpecht
we can all agree that this man speeks out what he believes.
I guess you could say that. The problem is, though, one could easily say the same thing about Jesse Jackson. Even though I think that JJ is nothing more than a political extortionist, he may still actually believe in what he's doing. And whether or not anyone believes that either one of these guys is truly "speaking his mind" will probably also show where they are on the political spectrum.

Since I don't know whats going on inside the heads of either of these guys (or anyone else, for that matter), I can only go on how they act on their thoughts. And all I see are two people who are creating controversy and doing nothing more than polarizing the public, rather than trying to, you know, work things out. I can't really respect that...

But I understand that they need to be attentionwhores. It's their job, really, with if they aren't pissing people off, people will lose interest and they'll lose all of their money. And that's fine, I suppose I can't really blame them for that.

Still, though... I wish more people could appreciate the beauty of gray...

BB.
Old 10-10-2003 | 07:51 PM
DangerIslandII
Advanced

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too." -- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:14 PM
phantom309
Racer

Originally posted by brrt50cal
The good "Reverend" Jesse Jackson says inflammatory things about white people. If whites marched against him or spoke out against it publicly, could you imagine the backlash? Rush would be inflammatory if he said that he hates blacks. All he said was that since Mcnabb was black, the media propped him up to succeed. Plus, I love the liberal way of thinking. Do you know why? Because if a conservative was to wish ill will on someone they disliked, we would be cold and heartless Republicans. If liberals say something slanderous, it is quite alright.
1) Nobody on the left listens to Jesse Jackson anymore, for exactly the reasons you've said. He's the left-wing equivalent to David Duke.

2) If Micheal Moore had gone public with a drug addiction instead, it's safe to say Rush and every other neocon radio wacko would be tearing him apart right now. These are the same people who were ready to crucify Bill Clinton for taking a few puffs of marijuana in college.

Personally I don't wish ill will on Limbaugh. I agree with a lot of what he says. It's the smugness and arrogance of his delivery and the unbelievable stupidity of many of his followers that I can't stand. I can say the same thing about Micheal Moore, for that matter.

As I said in an earlier thread, I hope he gets through this, and I hope the experience will make him a wiser, more thoughtful, less judgemental man.
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:24 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Rush wasn't seeking black market pain pills in 1995.

I marvel at how may "hate" Limbaugh. While I find many of the liberal personallities distasteful I don't find myself hating them.

Me thinks your emotions have the best of all of you haters. You probably don't listen to him or Larry Elder or Sean Hannity. Taking misquotes and partial sentences from liberal sources with out question.
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:34 PM
BeerBurner
Unbannable
Rennlist Member

Please don't take this as a flame. I respect you for not hating any of the liberal personalities. But the reality is that there are just as many die-hard conservatives out there who hate these whacko-liberals as there are liberals that hate conservatives. Neither party has the monopoly on political asshattery. Both parties have people who are guilty of doing the same things.

BB.
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:38 PM
Peckster
Nordschleife Master

"But anyway, I wish him luck and admire for confessing on public radio."

You can't confess if you've already been exposed. It's like some guy being tried for murder, then confessing after he's been convicted and expecting leniency.

You do it before, you can't do it after.

"Rush wasn't seeking black market pain pills in 1995."

How do you know?
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:46 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Peckster
"Rush wasn't seeking black market pain pills in 1995."

How do you know?
Enquirer artical only goes back three years.

Limbaugh stated that it was seven years ago when his back problems started. This was the same observation was just made by Sean Hanitty.
Old 10-10-2003 | 08:53 PM
DangerIslandII
Advanced

So the fact that he wasn't looking for pills at that time makes the quote any less ironic? I think not.

Quick Reply: OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh