Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2003, 05:35 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DerSchlechtSpecht
...El Rushbo can be harsh...

Christian

The truth to liberals is like Krytonite to Superman.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:35 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't he DENY everything UNTIL he was under the fly-swatter?

Hardly a hero in my book!

Same sanctimonious "ain't I cute" slimeball like Bill Clinton. No social redeeming value whatsoever.

Jim 1987 944S (disgusted by hate-mongering non-productive people)

Of course, that's just my opinion
Old 10-10-2003, 05:40 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Having been dealing with taking addictive pain meds for a while now (broken neck and now back surgery related to getting run over by an 18 wheeler), I am truly sympathic to anyone who has to fight that demon. While I haven't gotten addicted (thank gawd!), I have had to fight through withdrawal symptoms occasional, and I keep a very strict watch on my intake of those drugs, and understand how easy someone can get hooked on them. If thats what Rush is doing, then my hats off to him for his honesty. If its a sweeps week gimick, tho... grrrrrr (um, no Roy Horn jokes, please... his problems are a LOT worse than Rush's)...

Regards,
Old 10-10-2003, 05:42 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Originally posted by Jim 944S
Didn't he DENY everything UNTIL he was under the fly-swatter?

Hardly a hero in my book!

Same sanctimonious "ain't I cute" slimeball like Bill Clinton. No social redeeming value whatsoever.

Jim 1987 944S (disgusted by hate-mongering non-productive people)

Of course, that's just my opinion

He didn't admit or deny what the Enquirer was reporting. He did say he would have further comments about it.

Apparently no one reads Your Book.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Skitch
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think he ever denied anything, just your basic "no comment" when he was approached about it. I'm glad he came clean, just like Bill did about Monica...oh wait never mind....

I wish him well
Old 10-10-2003, 05:48 PM
phantom309
Racer

Given all the unbelievably cruel things he and the other right-wing radio nuts said about Kurt Cobain's heroin addiction and suicide, I find it hilarious that he and Courtney Love are going into rehab the same week.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:51 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts

Is that "hilarious" or "ironic"? Both, maybe? lol

Regards,
Old 10-10-2003, 05:52 PM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Heroin is not a perscription drug. Are you sure they were cruel or is this just your interpretation?
Old 10-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Perry 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 53 Posts

He's been addicted to the pills for years, that's no ratings gimmic. There are several of my colleagues who have tried to talk him into getting help a long time ago, but he did not want it. There were industry appearances where he would show up and you could tell something was up. And again, many people think his hearing loss was directly related to the pills he was popping. He went off them for a while, and his hearing got better. Unfortunately, it did not take.

However, the timing of all this is as planned as it gets. Yes, the Enquirer, as well as many other people knew about this a long time ago, and have stayed silent because Rush is a good man. He is a pioneer, he is a leader of the industry, and I am sure deep down he means no harm by the positions he has.

The Enquirer also has financial interests and reasons why they did not blow this up. Hint... it's not the money to be made, but who pays to keep them in business.

And if you don't think it's a ratings push... go back and read the responses here. "Oh poor Rush" That's what the vast majority of people will be thinking this evening when it is all you see and hear on the news. Even if you don't like him or his show, you'll feel for him. 5 weeks from now, when his "BIG RETURN" happens, he'll have a ratings increase in that 2 weeks that will raise his overall ratings for that period a huge, yet false amount. It's called a push for a reason.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:05 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So Cal...

Not to dispute the literacy rate between liberals and right wingers, my positition was based on watching the man's lips move and listening to the gist of what was coming out.

His responses were as evasive as Clinton's... of course, that depends on your interpretation of the word "evasive".

Stay Well, So Cal, We love ya' anyway!!!

Jim 1987 944S
Old 10-10-2003, 06:13 PM
mrmunky
Pro

Rush says inflammatory things about black people and his black housekeeper narcs him out for being a pharm addict and dealer. Then he admits his problems, and goes for help.

That says nothing positive whatsoever about his character. I find great irony in the fact that he would rip on liberals all day long and then go home and get his fix of synthetic heroin. Seriously, a hero?

Old 10-10-2003, 06:39 PM
Moe
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 167 Posts

All of you "feeling" and "compassionate" liberals can pile on now.

I hope Walter Williams stands in alot, to shed some light on liberal's tax and spend policys, that is, whenever the 10 dwarfs reveal their plans to save America from the evil GW BUSH!

Rush is a big boy, he'll be alright.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:49 PM
elvisizer
Racer

Originally posted by SoCal Driver
Heroin is not a perscription drug.
what, so rush's illegal activities were ok because it was prescription drugs instead of street? the guy is still the hypocrite to end all hypocrites, given the things he says about drug laws and rehab. he would be throwing himself in jail right now instead of going into rehab if he really believed the things he says on air!
i still wish him luck in beating the addiction, though. some painkillers (not sure which ones rush was into) can have REALLY nasty withdrawal symptoms.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:50 PM
FormulaOne10
Pro

Rush says inflammatory things about black people and his black housekeeper narcs him out for being a pharm addict and dealer. Then he admits his problems, and goes for help.
LOL, I love the skewed misinformed views of liberal propoganda.

1st - Rush said nothing about his views on black people. What he did say was that the MEDIA is trying to look for a successful black quarterback and in the process it puts a lot of undue spotlight and pressure on those quarterbacks to be sucessful. In particular, he used Donovan McNabb as an example. That is all he said, contrary to the misinformation people like you are spreading.

2nd - What would have happened if one of the black commentators on the same show would have said the same thing? Or even if a black commentator called the league racist for not having enough black coaches (hints of Jessie Jackson here, a deplorable human being and the biggest public racist I know of)? That's right, nothing would have happened - it would have been forgot by the next morning. What we are seeing is reverse racism. It's ok if you speak against whites if you are black, but not the other way around. I think its stupid either way.

3rd - You DON'T know the whole story yet but are willing to make an instant judgement about it. How do you know he didn't get addicted while legally taking these drugs (which is a likely the case, given what we know so far)? That has happened to people I know and the addiction was by no means reckless or intentional - it happened because they were on the drugs for too long. Usually these people are prescribed these drugs originally by a board certified doctor who went to medical school. These people only meant the best and the same thing can happen to anybody.

4th - He admitted his problems and is seeking help. What is the problem here? Wouldn't you take a week to figure things out before you leave one of the most syndicated and (if not #1) listened to talk shows for an undetermined amount of time? I mean he is already dealing with the total overreaction of his ESPN comments in addition to legal trouble and potentially losing some audience with the recent developments with his addiction.

5th - Why do so many anti-rush people have little more to say than I hate Rush, or he is a jerk? I almost never hear of these people saying that "Rush had incorrect data on that one" or "He is lying about this." Most of the time they just like to claim he said this or that, but can never actually come up with a quote or disputing evidence. Why? Because they hate to hear the truth - it burns, it's not pretty, it's not a liberal utopia that the media and politcians sell to you. But in the end it is the truth - and truth is absolute.

Last edited by FormulaOne10; 10-10-2003 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:52 PM
brrt50cal
Addict
Rennlist Member

The good "Reverend" Jesse Jackson says inflammatory things about white people. If whites marched against him or spoke out against it publicly, could you imagine the backlash? Rush would be inflammatory if he said that he hates blacks. All he said was that since Mcnabb was black, the media propped him up to succeed. Plus, I love the liberal way of thinking. Do you know why? Because if a conservative was to wish ill will on someone they disliked, we would be cold and heartless Republicans. If liberals say something slanderous, it is quite alright.

Quick Reply: OT: Good Luck Rush Limbaugh