Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rear seats/interior removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 06:34 PM
ilikemy944
Going with the pack
is quite monotonous.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear seats/interior removal

I'm kinda not sure what I want to do here... I am fed up with rear seat passengers, and decided to no longer allow that :P I have 2 broken seat-lift thingies (the things on the side of that allow it to tilt forward), one broken on each seat, both on the outside of the seat. Someone also managed to kick off the cover for the right side hinge of the passenger seat. So, no more.
I have removed the top half of the rear for auto-x, but had to remount it to carry that engine back from OH. I'd like to take it out again, as well as the rest of the seat. However, I know the bottom half is glued in. I'm thinking about pulling it out, and replacing it with just some carpet. A thin hopefully matching indoor/outdoor carpet I guess... Any ideas on what I should use for that, and what to glue it down with? I will also probably do the rear hatch area with it as well. I'd like it to look at least somewhat factory (not a crappy job), but doesn't have to be show-quality...
Old 10-09-2003, 06:38 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

968 CS style package shelf?
Old 10-09-2003, 06:40 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen this done a few times. First, you'll want to lay down some Dynamat to absorb the tranny noise - the seat does a lot of that now. If your interior is black, just find some stereo speaker enclosure carpet. Otherwise, find a big fabric store - they usually have something that will do and will be light enough to conform to the buckets. 3M makes several adhesives for this sort of thing - a spray can is usually available at Walmart or auto parts stores.

Some folks here have installed a piece of wood and covered the whole area making it flat - similar to the 968 cab parcel shelf.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Rear seats/interior removal